13- ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ

The window smashes and I duck with a squeal. Fear drowns me and I think of the most sensible thing I could do, fumbling for the drawer to take the rolling pin.

My front door was locked, so that was fine.

On instinct, I ran as fast as I can up the stairs to my bedroom, my fingers fumbling with the call button.

Pick up, pick up!

Locking myself in the bathroom, with rolling pin in hand, Raphael picks up on the first ring.
I sob quietly into the phone. "Angel, what's wrong?" he asked, worry flooding his tone.
In the background, I hear Darius asking "What happened?"

My voice quiet, tears streaming down my face, I whisper "Please come."  Adding to the end "I am so scared."

"We're on our way, stay calm." He cancels the call, softly muttering his goodbye.

My mind raced with all the possibilities, I couldn't grasp this frightening situation.

Crouching with my back faced the door, a rolling pin and phone in hand. I just helplessly waited. It was as if I waited for hours and hours. The phone chimed suddenly, making me jolt in fright at the sudden noise.

"Where are you baby?" Darius asked, the hasty footsteps echoed in the background. They were running or pacing really fast?

"Upstairs, in my bathroom." I replied, stroking my tears away. My nerves relaxed immediately, they were here. Thank god.

The knock resounded on the door. "Baby."

I really needed to find out this secret telepathic skill from them.

Opening the door, I rushed into Darius' arms and he brushed my hair out my face, bending down to pull me into a fiery and passionate kiss.

His masculine body melted onto mine and  our lips fit like two puzzle pieces. He pulled back to stare at me, suddenly breaking into a laughter.

Why was he laughing?

"Baby, why do you have a rolling pin in your hand? What were you going to do? Beat me to death and film it on your phone." He motioned to the phone in my hand, still laughing.

WHAT A MEANIE.

"Stop it, it was all I could think of. I was terrified, okay? Anyway, where's Alaric and Raphael?" I replied, haughtily.

His face straightened, serious and taut. "They're having a look at the window." He grabbed my hand and I followed him down the stairs.

We came in front of Raphael, who was closely inspecting the window while Alaric was on the phone.

"Wait a minute, how did you get in? The door's locked." I asked, looking at them suspiciously.

Raphael walked towards, kissing my lips softly. " I picked the lock."

I gasped in shock, how cool! "Wait, can you teach me?" stepping into his arms.

"Absolutely not." He muttered, kissing me again. "What exactly happened? Did you see anyone?"

"I was literally making a cup of tea, here and then all of a sudden, someone, I didn't see who, it happened so quickly, threw a stone I think at the window." I was interrupted by another soft kiss on my nose.

"Breathe, Juliette."

Right, I do sometimes get carried away when telling a story.

"I made a few phone calls, someone's coming over to fix the door." Alaric walked towards us, leaning back on the counter. 

I walked towards him, hugging him tightly and he placed a kiss on my head.

"Where the fuck's Ben?" Raphael asked, his brow furrowing and I twisted back, leaning on Alaric.