10- ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Nerve wracked, I reached the principal's office and was ushered to the direction of his office. I didn't know what this was about.

Knocking firmly, after hearing him call 'come in', I entered, my hands gripping onto my folder which I held protectively in front of me.

"Miss Nova, sit," he commanded, not looking up from his screen. His spectacles glistened and I gulped.

Good god.

This was terrifying. Like out of the blue too?

"I was supposed to have this meeting a bit earlier but I was caught up," he continued, looking up finally without a smile. "I assume your first week went well."

I could only nod in response, I don't think it was up for question.

"After the Christmas break, there will be a shift in schedules in line for the training season. But prior to that, it's essential that you select two extracurricular activities." He then passed me a pamphlet. "By tomorrow morning, send your two options to my secretary so you can be fit in with the other students."

I could feel myself relax, so it wasn't too bad.

"Yes, sir."

"Any questions?"

"What's the training season?" I asked delicately, I couldn't remember reading about it anywhere and it sounded so ominous.

"Every student here needs to pass the requirements in order to inherit their respective companies and we alter the curriculum. In your case, I will designate a career advisor to assist you," he explained, "One of the requirements is that you can dedicate yourself to something that isn't your chosen field. I suggest you choose something that you can immerse yourself in so perhaps expand on your interests. You mentioned ballet, I recall."

"Yes, I did. I understand.I'll get back to you as soon as." I answered.

He gestured for me to leave the room, marking the end of the conversation.

I mean I went to maybe five rehearsals so I wasn't amazing, a total beginner.

And the reason I stopped.......their death. I lost their support, their encouragement. Honestly,I promise I did my best but I was definitely not a natural. What was supposed to a way of boosting my self-confidence only shattered me even more.

Made me feel insecure.

I didn't have the body of a ballet dancer. But I wanted to learn how to do so because of the beauty and elegance of the dances.

I guess I wanted to feel beautiful for once.

Even more, I guess I felt pity for myself.

So I didn't fight it and stopped going to recitals.

I was now pacing towards our room where I had a free.

I needed to see them, at least one of them. These negative thoughts that I thought I had under lock and key were spewing out uncontrollably.

As soon as I opened the room, I could see Alaric standing in the middle of the room, looking at his phone. At the sound of my frantic footsteps, he looked up in surprise.

I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his abdomen. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close, gently rubbing it. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his. I sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. He was like a marshmallow.

The wicked inner voice in me chirped up 'But you can feel his muscles too right? That's definitely not soft"
I blushed at my train of thoughts and was ever so thankful that my face was covered as he would definitely question it.