13- ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ

Start from the beginning

"It was a blind eye . Apparently. I had a word with him." Alaric answered briskly, his eyes firming.

Was I missing something? "Whose Ben?"

" We assigned someone to look over you as a precaution. From a distance." Alaric answered, with a tad bit of guilt, if that's what it was in his voice. "He's part of our security detail. We simply can't risk putting you in danger."

"That's really sweet. Thank you." I tiptoed to give him a peck on his jaw. "But, I have never seen them. Your security?"

Darius spoke up from opposite us, the two boys leaning against the counter. "That's the point. They are our discreet security but they are always there. Following us in their separate cars."

That made sense, they were powerful dudes. They needed security.

"We are increasing the security until we find out whose behind this. Darius, I believe you can have a look at the security cameras." Alaric answered.

Darius nodded in response.

"Of course, whoever's behind this nuisance, we'll soon find out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was trying to find it, where was it? Tuesday had obviously come in a flash and World History exam- here we come.

"Baby what are you searching for?" Darius asked amused. This guy really liked getting amusement out my grief, one day Darius I'll get you.

"My gum, I can't it. I have a test soon and-" Raphael had suddenly kissed me, his tongue swiftly stroking every crevasse of my mouth, brushing ever so seductively.

Sweet as honey.

"Feeling better?" He asked haughtily, his eyebrow raising in question. I nodded, blushing a little.

I didn't need gum as comfort if I had them. I was a lucky.

" I am sure you're going to amazing. Don't stress, just give it your best." Darius walked to sit beside me, pulling me to a hug.

"That rhymed!" I laughed, pulling back. "Let's go!"

Sitting down at my desk, I felt at ease surprisingly. In the cool of the classroom I can ace this stuff, I know I can. I drink it in, horror though it is for the most part - who conquered who, who killed who, people who rose to power and abused it – fascinating stuff. 

But my body is preparing for a marathon instead of sitting still for  hours. I'm going to sit on that plastic chair while my brain fights the urge to walk -no run like heck - out the door. 

I won't though, I'll sit and write the test, but when my mind is in full on freak-out mode it's hard recall the details.

I can do this.

An hour later, the teacher collected the papers and the class relocated their friends to discuss the questions.

I mean though I had no one to do that with.

Walking down, my head down I heard the girls behind me whisper " Omg, look it's the Kings!" I looked up immediately. "Why are they here?"

Oh wow, they came. Just to see how I was. After the test. I knew their timetables, they all had next period so this was a little detour for them. 

I walked quickly in a couple of steps towards them, they simultaneously neared. Their faces relaxed, Darius with his easy going grin, Raphael with his gentle smile and Alaric's reassuring eyes.

"How was it?" Raphael asked.He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled md close, gently rubbing my arm. I sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. I breathed in his husky cologne. 

Pulling back, I looked  up them all, breathing in "It was ok, I mean the last question was yuck, and the third like I didn't even what it was about, I missed three of the multiple choice." I gave out a small breath in response.

"Juliette, did you do your best?" I nodded in response at Alaric's question, "That's all that matters, I am proud of you." 

He just knew what to say. My brain could correlate with his calmness, curing my emotional turmoil ever so easily.

"Oh marshmallow," I hugged him quickly. "Thank you, don't you guys have lessons?"

"We just wanted to check up on you." Darius answered, while I gave him a quick hug, the contrast in our bodies so good and familiar.

"That's so sweet, but hurry now, I don't want you guys to be late." I rushed them in the direction, before waving to them fervently.

Ignoring the whispers.

The next lesson rushed by quickly.

Right, I need to put my bag in my locker before meeting with the boys. I paced quickly.

What's going on? Why was it so loud and why was everyone crowding around? Wait was that-

My locker.

At the sight of me someone whisper yelled, "She's here." Way to be discreet. The crowd dispersed at a snap of a fingers, I was so confused.

I took a couple of steps closer.

Oh my god.

*************************************

Hello, hello, hello! Guess whose back?

I hope you've enjoyed this, bit of a filler but there's so much to come.

I hope you've already had/have a great day! And do reach out and chat, I would love to meet with my sweet readers.

Let me know your thoughts.