"Huh?" I looked over sipping my drink.

A tall blonde girl with bright, oval, blue eyes made her way to us. She walked with confidence in her strut and all the whole cafe seemed fixated with her. She was very beautiful, and she knew it. She kind of reminded me of Grant in that way.

"Who's that?"

"Valerie Quinn." Cassian rolled his eyes, "The only thing bigger than her bark is her bite."

Valerie approached us. "So is this the runaway bride I've hearing about nonstop?" She looked at me and raided her defined eyebrow.

"Runaway bride?" I chuckled.

"That's what they're calling you Ev, kinda cool right?" I shrugged and look back up at Valerie.

"I was expecting more." She eyeballed me.

What the hell was that supposed to mean? I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat.

"Hi I'm Evelyn" I smiled.

" Did I ask for you to tell me your name?"

I gave her a disgusted look. What was her problem?

"Anyways...there is no way Dominic is going to let you stay. He hates people like you."

People like me?

"fuck off Valerie" Cassian said in a sassy tone.

"What? I'm just breaking the truth to her! If I were Dominic I wouldn't think twice about letting her stay. I would kick her out and feed her to the dogs after what happened last time to..."

"...enough!" yelled Celeste " see you later Valerie."

"Whatever." She snarled "good luck hunny" she grinned at me and strutted away. I just don't get why Valerie and Dominic hate me. I didn't do anything wrong. I can't help but wonder...what do they have against people coming from Detra, didn't they have to come from Detra too?

"Celeste!" A man ran up to our table worriedly, "some men we shot today in Detra, you need to see...come quickly!"

"Oh shit, Evelyn stay here. I'll be right back"

"Wait!" I hollered, " take me with, I'm trained in nursing, might be able to help!"

"I don't know Evelyn..."

"Please." I begged " I want to help."

Celeste nodded and we headed towards The Rouges gateway. As we walked toward the entrance, injured men and women were scattered across the area. Bullet wounds, ,pools of blood, stabs...it was horrific.

Where is their nurse?

"What happened?" yelled Celeste worriedly.

"Detra police force ambushed them at the boarder before they could even go in and get supplies."

Celeste conversed about the situation, as I peered around the area. I noticed Dominic sitting on the table, clasping his arm tightly with his hands. Blood seeped from his fingertips and flowed all the way down his grey shirt. He was shot. A man sat down next to him, held Dominics arm, and grabbed a small knife out of his pocket. He ripped open the cloth on Dominics shirt, revealing his heavily defined muscles, and held the blade above his arm.

Please don't tell me that mans gonna do what I think he's gonna do.

The man jabbed the knife into Dominics arms, digging into his wound and trying to pick out the bullet.

"No!" I yelled as I ran over to him. "What are you doing?"

Dominic looked at me puzzled as the man spoke, "can't you see I'm tryin' to get this bullet outta his arm!"