chapter twenty-one.

Annabeth would've done anything to believe that Percy would survive this one. He survived it last time. She trembled, unsure of what to do. He has to be okay. Everyone stared, waiting for Annabeth to, gods, even just say something. Scream. Cry. Cause it would mean that Percy was okay, right?

Right?

"Again?" Harry tried to keep his facial expressions neutral. He didn't know how to feel. Percy lay limp on the ground. His body was still, and blood pooled all around him. It was everywhere. It seeped slowly out of his mouth, his head, it was just overwhelmingly terrifying and brutal. Hermione stared in horror at the mess.

"I can't do this!" She yelled. Holding up her wand high in the air, her arm shaking with tremors, a golden mist rippled down her body and she vanished. "Mione!" Ron called.

"Oh merlin. Do something, you bastards!" Draco's voice barely concealed a quiver, as he frantically whipped his head back and forth. There's so much blood... I feel dizzy.

No one knew what to do. The campers were in the cabin, everyone was standing, dirt and blood all over their robes and clothes. And the grotesque view in front of them wasn't helping.

"Is he alive?" Hazel asked timidly, tears spilling over the rim of her eyes. The shaken demigod moved towards the bloodied body and slowly held up a hand to feel his pulse. I don't want to know. She jerked her hand away, pounding the ground with a fist.

"You can do it, Annabeth." Piper encouraged her. Annabeth held her fingers to his neck again. All was silent; it was as if Gaia had heard their cries and was waiting for the dreaded answer.

"He's alive." Annabeth's faced transformed. It flew through relief, excitement, anger, fury, and finally, Annabeth. Her blazing eyes met Draco's.

"Lift him up."

"Hey-"

"I said, lift. Him. Up." Draco's eyes widened and he looked down humbly. "Yes miss."

"Go untie the campers. And my friends' bonds." Her piercing gaze raked over the group standing to her left, as if transfixed by her attitude and her dominance. "And if Percy fucking Jackson does not survive, I will have all of your heads hung up on my cabin wall by tomorrow night." It's something about her eyes. Harry sweat nervously as he made his way to the cabin where the healers were tied up. She's serious. Draco followed closely behind him, turning his head ever so slightly just to watch the blondie's probing eyes track them closely. "She scares me out of my mind," The boy whispered to Harry.

"Me too." They opened the door, and went to work, calling out spells and watching the campers eye them suspiciously. When they finally saw Percy float into the room, everyone nearly shouted.

"What happened to him?" There were mixed reactions of anger and fright at the gory scene. "Healers, heal him immediately."

"B-but-"

"Immediately. Or we're all dying tonight." He set the body on one of the beds, and the healers scrambled up to begin their work on the son of Poseidon.

"Did you do this to him?!" A little girl tugged at Draco's robes. "You ugly goblin!" She kicked his shin. Hard. And ran off, hiding behind an older camper. "Ouch! You bloody- grrr!"

What a wreck. Harry leaned on the door frame. Where did this go so wrong?

At least now I can have the realm necklace.

Was that what you really wanted, Potter?

What the hell? Harry nearly tripped over his own feet, looking behind him. Nothing.

Hahaha. Fool. In due time, the legend will fall. And I have to say, you were a good pawn. But I don't need you anymore.

Who the bloody hell is this?

Tsk, tsk. Watch your tone, child.

Or what?

HahahahAHAHAHAHA! OR THIS! There was a blinding flash. Draco, still chasing the little girl around, froze and disintegrated. They watched in shock as his surprised face crumbled into ashes, floating out the doorway. Then it was the brothers. Annabeth, still barking out orders, dropped her jaw as they all started to disappear. Literally. They were turning into ash. The remnants of what the Weasley brothers were, rode the wind towards the cabin, meeting up with Draco. Last, it was Harry. He grabbed at the cabin door in despair, wailing in fear.

"Please! I'm sorry, don't kill me! Please, I will never talk back again!"

HAHAHA! Too late now!

Harry screeched, the awful sound fading away, along with his body. The last thing the campers saw was the terror, etched in Harry Potter's unforgettable face.

The campers sat, stunned. Chiron turned around, as if unable to look at where the wizard had vanished. He steadied himself on the ground, trying not to go insane with what he'd just seen. As if one weird event wasn't enough, they heard a loud howl, like one of the winter winds. The sound that followed was indescribable; the campers, afterwards, would only be able to say, "It sounded like light." Standing in front of them was a dark-skinned man, in a cloak, holding a scepter-like weapon. It had a crystal ball in the middle, and was made of... grey wood? His cold, blue eyes, that matched the crystal ball, met the campers'.

"Hand over Perseus." He said darkly, his accent heavy. They seemed to be under a sort of spell; he was just so beautiful. They absent-mindedly pushed the unconscious Percy towards him, staring at his face. Then, his eyes stopped on Chiron's bewildered face. His mouth was slightly open, as if expecting Chiron to say something.

"W-who are you?" He uttered, and the man's face fell. You... you don't remember me. His eyebrows furrowed and he recited something, almost bitterly, while pointing his staff at Percy. Blue glitter sparkled around them, and just as quickly as he came, the stranger left.