chapter two.

Jason didn't know where he was going.

He didn't care.

All he knew was that he had to get away from Percy Jackson. He felt Piper's eyes burning into his back, but he stopped himself from glancing at her. 

I bet if I had stayed longer, Piper would've said that I was jealous. But I'm not. Not at all. His fists clenched and unclenched, frustration blazing in his chest. Percy Jackson didn't really deserve this fame. 

I wish he were dead. Jason thought.
He should've felt bad for saying that, but strangely, it actually felt good.

I wish he were dead.
I wish he were dead.
I wish he were dead.

Jason grinned to himself, feeling the fire in his chest grow. 

I wish Percy Jackson were dead. 

Percy was too distracted to properly sign autographs and pose for pictures. He accidentally wrote on a camper's hand, and wasn't looking at the camera when a picture was taken. The campers didn't seem to notice; they were all gushing about how heroic Percy was and how amazing his swordsmanship was. Percy looked at them, defeated and suddenly a thought hit him. A smile spread across his face, as he beckoned to the nearest camper: a little girl named Aria, daughter of Aphrodite.

"Hey, are you Aria?" He tousled her blonde curls. Her hair kind of reminded him of Annabeth. 

"Yes sir!" She pretended to salute him and Percy chuckled. 

"At ease! I'm going to tell you a secret, General Aria." He leaned down, his hot breath tickling her ear. "I didn't save the day. Do you want to know who did?"

"Really?" She looked at him in awe. "Yeah! I mean, yes sir!" She stood up straight. 

"Do you see that man over there? In the purple shirt and yellow hair?"

"That one?" 

"Yeah! He was the one who killed the gorgon, but nobody knows that! He's all alone right now, you could have him all to yourself!" Percy whispered excitedly. He pointed at Jason, walking briskly towards the camp borders. "Better catch him before he leaves!" Percy patted the little girl's head. She nodded eagerly and broke into a sprint, chasing after the Son of Zeus. Percy smiled, watching the little girl clutch her paper and pen, hoping his best friend would feel better afterwards.

Jason was startled by a high pitched screech.

"Mister! Mister! Can I have your autograph?" He looked around and his eyes landed on a blonde girl, who shoved a paper at him. He was startled. He looked around. "Wait... me?" He pointed at himself.

"Yes you! I know you killed the gorgon! But I promise to keep it a secret." The little girl held out her pinky, looking expectantly at him.

Jason was delighted, as he locked his pinky with hers. "Thank you! What's your name?"

"Aria." Aria handed him her pen. "Are you gonna sign this or not?" She crossed her arms.

"Okay missy. What's the secret word?" Jason was grinning stupidly.

"Poo." Aria giggled. Jason made a face and laughed.

"That wasn't very nice. By the way, who told you my secret?" 

"Percy Jackson." Jason flinched as she beamed proudly at him. Jason wasn't sure what to feel, so he settled on anger.

Really? Is this his way of telling me that he pities me? He stared at her for a second and she cocked her head. At that very second, he had a really, really good idea. He quickly signed her paper and ruffled her hair as she ran back to her friends.

"Two can play this game."