chapter sixteen.

having q&as! ask me anything in the comments and i'll answer them :> would appreciate questions!

Percy blinked. His eyes were hazy and his stomach hurt. A lot. Piper and Leo were sitting at his bedside.

"Where am I?"

"Cliche." Piper rolled her eyes. "You tried to come back." The memories hit Percy like a flood.

"...Oh. I'm sorry for bothering you guys, I'll leave."

"What? What do you mean?" Leo said, his forehead wrinkling in frustration. "Percy. You tried to kill your own friends and then you disappear on us. Then you come back with no explanation as to why and you say you're going to leave again?" Percy flinched. I didn't try to kill you guys. He tried to say. But nothing came out.

"What's the point, Leo? You would never believe me anyways." Percy felt his mouth move, but he didn't really think of what he was saying. "All I've ever been was loyal. You all are so guillible and just decide to believe whoever speaks first. I have no reason to lie to any of you, yet you all betray me and dump me like a dirt sack." He said flatly.

"I don't owe any of you an explanation after that." They were silent. Leo felt his anger bubbling. His hands began to turn red and flames errupted from them. "What the hell did you just say?" He lunged at Percy, who had no space to dodge, because he was, well, in a bed. Leo pressed his hand against Percy's face and he gasped in pain.

"Leo! Leo!" Piper grabbed Leo's arms and forced him down. Percy cupped his face, groaning in pain. His face was a charred black again, his flesh sizzling. Leo reeled back in shock at his sudden but terrifying outburst. Then Percy's hands dropped and he stared dead into Leo's face.

"Leo Valdez. One day, you will regret everything you've done. It will mark the end of a legacy." He said, his eyes glowing a bluish green. Leo was frozen. Why can't I move? Shit.

This fear.

It was nothing he had ever known. It was like standing on the edge of a plank, the board dipping. Below him, chaos raged. Blood was flying and claws. A beast thrashed around, green eyes, a storm wilding inside them, staring blankly into his soul. Bodies were thrown around, screaming in pain and terror. So... many... dead bodies... The beast spoke.

"You will remember me, Leo Valdez. Remember. Me. For. Centuries."

"S-shut up, Jackson." He stuttered, trying to control his voice. "S-stop talking."

Percy looked at him. He didn't stare at him, just simply looked. "Fury is not power. Fury is fear that is profoundly poignant- the way dealt with a great deal sadder." That was all it took to get Leo to stop talking. They watched him as he calmly got up from the bed and left the infimary.

"I-I'm going to leave." Piper emptily got up from her chair and wandered out. She pulled open the door and Percy was there, still slowly making his way out the borders. Then she broke down. Tears ran down her face, but she couldn't figure out why.

Why am I crying? And why do I feel like a big part of me- no, us, just broke?

Hahahaha.

Piper looked up, her head whipping back and forth. What was that?

Oh, Piper. You are such an obidient little demigod. You are doing perfectly, my darling. Everything is going absolutely swell.

Who are you?

Hahahahaha. The voice cackled, it becoming increasingly, and unbearabley loud. Please, stop. It hurts. Please. HAHAHAHAH! She covered her ears in pain, blood gushing out of them. STOP!

Oh, Piper. Oh, my dear Piper. I had thought that maybe, the son of Poseidon had outsmarted me. Do you follow? He called. He cried out in vain, hoping for you to listen and to hear.

What?

But do you know what you did, Piper? Do you know? He laughed again, a creaky and loud sound. You are simply hilarious. You plugged your ears and turned the other way. What a comedian.

Wait, Percy? What about him?

In all seriousness, my dear, prepare for the consequences.

Stop fucking beating around the bush. Tell me what you're trying to say right now.

They say that the siren's call is dangerous and that sailors should run from it. But what if the siren's call is a pull to reality?

Are you serious right now?

Knowledge is power. But power, sometimes, is too much for people to handle. Similarily, the truth is power. You shy away from it not because you're unaware, but because you know you can't accept what's coming next.

Sweet dreams, Piper Mclean.

[Play with the iron and lose the gold.]

[The legend is young, as the fighter should mould;]

[With great coming cost, the past shall die.]

[Break a dove's wings, and tell it to fly.]

[Undefeated will lie the ground.]

[The price you pay, will someday be found.]

[The Oracle.]