chapter nineteen.

hellloooo lovelies. i have a surprise ;)

i will be starting a new book!! unfortunately, it will not be on percy jackson. i really like the plot though, so you should def follow me for updates and stuff! i'll be entering this story in a writing contest and then uploading it to wattpad. lmk if you want to see it, since idk if i really want to put it up here aha<3

Percy cursed as he flew across the ocean, his hands creating strong gusts of currents and speeding towards camp half-blood. Is he there already? How did he get his hands on the Realm Necklace? I had it last. He pulled Riptide out, trying to remember the things he'd learned. Okay. Just do the things Ukulwa taught you. He let out a breath and stepped onto land, arriving at camp half-blood.

--

Jason stared at Harry, who was twirling his wand around. Then he looked at Piper, who refused to look at him. The last few weeks had been shaky. He had almost been exposed by a god, and then, to top it off, the potion wore off on Annabeth. She'd passed out, unconscious, and then woken up, disoriented. She told Piper that Jason had forced her to drink a potion, but Jason convinced Piper that she was just delusional. The rest weren't as sure. Annabeth sent a death glare at him and grit her teeth, her eyes red from crying.

Oh, right. When she found out what happened with Percy, it wasn't exactly the prettiest sight either. Jason had almost died that day. Harry let out a huff, shaking Jason from his thoughts.

"Blimey, I'm starting to think that Jackson isn't going to come."

"Oh, shove it, Potter. Always jumping to the most obscene conclusions. It's bloody Percy Jackson." Draco scoffed. Jason tugged against his bonds, his legs growing numb. Hurry up, Percy.

As if hearing his pleads, the border shimmered and the raven-haired boy appeared. His hair was damp from sweat, and his shirt was soaked too. He was panting, eye bags visible under his dark eyes. "Potter."

"Jackson." He replied curtly.

"What do you want?"

Harry let out a booming laugh. "How cliche. I just wanted a fair fight again, Perseus. I'll let your friends go if you agree to it. If not, they die, starting with your precious Annabeth." He stood up languidly, walking slowly to the blonde-haired girl. She spat at him and scowled. "Get away from me."

"A feisty one, I see." He smirked and Percy gripped Riptide harder. "Where are the rest of the campers?"

"Knocked out like it's bedtime. Snoozing away." Draco sneered. "C'mon now, I want to duel. I'm getting bored."

"Let them go."

"Agree to the duel."

"...Fine. Now let them go, Potter."

"Patience, dear. Take them." Suddenly, the friends were in the air, floating. Leo let out a whimper and Hermione snickered. "Let's go."

"Hey! You said you would-" Percy grabbed Harry's arm, who slapped his hand away. "Follow along, you dimwit."

They trudged to the amphitheatre, tension thick in the air. I could take them down right now. Starting with the blond one. Percy thought about it. No, too risky. They arrived at the amphitheatre, where Draco and Hermione dropped the lot like logs. They tumbled onto the floor, letting out a series of oofs! and ouch!.

"Right! Let the entertainment commence." Harry smiled darkly. "Who's up first?" He looked around, his eyes scanning the friends like a predator. "You. The gold-eyed one." He pointed his wand at her and muttered something under his breath. The ropes were slit cleanly and fell around her. Hazel scrambled up in a defensive position, looking around. "Percy. The other one." Harry whistled loudly and a gallop sounded from across the ground. One of the Weasleys appeared from the distance, on a magnificent white steed. Percy rolled his eyes. "This is a bit extra."