21. Nasty divorce

"We both drowned under the waves of words we weren't saying."
- Ben Maxfiled

"- Ben Maxfiled

Aurora:

Not knowing what to do, my body seems to stop functioning for a split second. I feel like one of the windows computer from early 2000s that froze mid updating.

How do I unplug myself from here?

I glance at him. He's watching me like I am some mystical creature come alive. I feel self conscious, did I grow a horn? Or horns?

Isn't crazy how one horn makes you a magical unicorn and two horns make you the freaking devil.

I quickly rub my forehead with the tip of fingers to check if there's anything, you never know. Surely I hadn't grown a horn within the course of 8 hours, right? When I looked in the mirror this morning I looked normal. As normal it gets. Although, my dark circles did get darker. Nothing too prominent.

I have serious paranoia.

Aiden archs his left brow trying to figure out what exactly I am doing. I awkwardly cough and clear my voice.

"So why are you here exactly?" I firmly ask finding my voice.

He doesn't say anything, he just continues to watch me. Is this a staring competition? It's always mysterious with him.

Or is it that I just like to glorify everything about him?

A girl loves her enchanting fairytales.

The cart beings to move. Excitement rushes through my veins but I can't help but be nervous with Aiden's presence in such close proximity.

"I mean in this cart, with me?" I ask promptly.

Silence.

Great! I mean I could always talk to myself or pull my hair out frustration.

"Could you kindly reply dear sir? I feel like every-time I try to talk to you I start to get symptoms of Trichotillomania." I calmly breathe out without lashing at him.

"I don't know honestly. I don't know." He breathes out as if he's in pain.

That's something.

I let out a small chuckle trying to lighten the mood. I sound like I am losing it.

The crisp air grows heavy and foggy.

A foggy mist veils the moon but its pure lunar dew manage to seep through and illuminate Aiden in the most poetic way possible.

If I didn't want to pull my hair out right now, I would grab him and kiss him.

"Nothing is right." He begins with another riddle.

He runs his fingers through his brown locks. His beautiful hair. He could do commercials and make millions, that's how beautiful his hair is.

Not wanting to decode his message I distract myself.