6. Broken Sky

"True love is friendship dipped in honey."
- Faraway

" - Faraway

Aiden:

"Gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting with you but I am sorry I can't sign this deal." I calmly state. You think I am an idiot. I held back.

"Clearly your company's sale taxes have been dropping and instead of fixing the main issue you try launching a new product. Although this particular product you mentioned seems interesting, I don't think it will do well considering your reputation in the field. That is it. And now if you will excuse me, I am running late for probably the most important meeting of my life. Good day." I take my file and exit the conference room before any of them an utter a word.

Who let them in the business world, they know absolutely anything about strategies and logic.

Imbeciles.

Imbecile, that's what she called me.

I can't help but smile.

I can't wait to finally talk to her today.

-

I gaze into the lake.

The still water mirrors the clear sky.

It's soothing. The boathouse afar is illumined with twinkling light and there is loud music playing.

"Oh my gosh, no way! It can't be." A voice takes me by surprise.

"Ashley?" I slightly turn to see a familiar grin.

"Aiden, how have you been?" She jumps and pulls me to a hug which takes me by surprises

"I am well as I can be. How are you?" I awkwardly hug her back.

I haven't seen her in a long time. Not since college.

"I am great, what are you doing here? I thought you were in California or Boston." She follows up.

I try to pull away and surprisingly she lets me go.

Ashley has changed since the last time I saw her. Long gone that girl with a two faced  personality.

Ashley and I have a bitter sweet friendship I guess.

"I am here for a conference. Isn't crazy how I see you two in the same day?" I say more to myself than her but I am pretty sure she heard me.

"Two? Who? Wait...no way, are you talking about who I think you are talking about." She almost sounds shocked. Her grin drops, which confuses me as I thought she has changed.

I nod.

"Aurora, you found her? And she actually wants to talk to you?" Ashley's eyes widened at first but she covered her face with a smile that seemed somewhat forced.

"I am supposed to meet her here. I saw her earlier but she sort of ran. I asked her to come here." Ashley arched her brows.

"She ran. I mean I kind of get it.it makes sense" She quickly says. She laughs humorously.