2. Concrete jungle

"She has a wild spirit, but a soft heart, and such a sweet soul."
- butterfly rising

" - butterfly rising

Aurora:

New York City a place I once called home.
The Big Apple is an ever-changing place but at the same time it's a place that never changes.

Some thing about the air feel different. Feels like home.

I missed the busy streets, the gawking New Yorkers. The fresh smell of coffee everywhere and the alluring the skyline. It's nostalgic.

I make my way to the Plaza hotel and find the receptionist. I really could've stayed at the penthouse but I really wanted to be close to the park.

I look around and eyes finally land on the receptionist behind a dark granite desk.

"Hello I am Aurora Lockhart, I am staying at 511." I said as I checked my phone to confirm.
There's a email, the organization sent me a instructional manual. "do you have anything for me?" I ask looking up from my phone. A girl looks up for her computer and takes a moment to process what I just said.

She shakes her head and types something on the computer.

"That's the Connecting Deluxe right? Hold on a second" she questioned and offered me a small smile before searching for something. My package I am assuming.

Connecting Deluxe? Huh, that's why there was a door in the middle of the room. Why the hell did I not notice it?

I looked at the receptionist. Her name tag read "Cara".

She looked really stressed. Her wavy chestnut hair is tied in a messy ponytail and her clothes are wrinkled. The flyways and her dark circles reminded me of the late nights at college. She had dark circles and she just looked really tired.

"Hey is everything okay? you look like you could use a coffee" I finally ask, she looks up at me and gives me a puzzled look.

"Oh, I am just really sleep deprived but I am fine." She sheepishly smiled.

I look at her for a second.

"I will be back in a minute," I tell her and walk away.

-

"Here take this, you will feel better. It's a caramel macchiato, it always makes me feel better." I hand her the hot beverage and she smiles at me and hands me a package.

I felt like a hot beverage is more effective when you are sleep deprived. I know it makes no sense.

"Thank you! Here, this is yours." I take the package from her without really looking at the package.

"No problem, have a good day" I smile at her.

Come to think of it, I could also use a coffee.
I get myself an iced caramel macchiato and head to the elevator.