Chapter 22

*IRENE'S POV*

Jimin fell asleep on her bed after I fed her dinner on behalf of her mother who hasn't come back yet since she went out to get some fresh air this afternoon.

Well, it seemed like she needed some time before taking any decision regarding her and her daughter's life. I was lost in thoughts when I got a call from Yoongi.

You: Yeoboseyo?

Yoongi: Irene-ssi, it's Yoongi. I am with the boys right now and we wanted to ask you something.

You: Ne, Yoongi-ssi, what is it?

Yoongi: Jin hyung just came back from somewhere, looking extremely disappointed. He also locked himself in his room and I believe it has something to do with Y/n.

You: But Y/n isn't back yet-

I heard the sound of the main door open and understood that Y/n came back.

You: I think she just came back. Don't hang up the call, I'll go and ask her if anything happened with Jin.

Yoongi: Alright.

I heard faint sounds of sobbing coming from the living room. I came out of the bedroom and made sure to close the door so that Jimin's sleep doesn't get disturbed.

"Y/n?" I called out, not very loud but enough for her to hear. I saw her crying on the couch as she folded her legs up to her chest while resting her head on her knees.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" Seeing her in that state, I quickly ran up to her and hugged her.

"I should have never agreed to do this, Irene." She spoke while sobbing.

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely worried about her. "Is it about Minho?"

She broke the hug and wiped her tears. "No. It's about Seokjin."

Once I was confirmed that something happened between Jin and her, I placed my phone on the side table, allowing the boys to hear too.

I put up a confused expression and asked her to explain. She took a deep breath before answering, "I met Seokjin at a bar, 5 years ago, after I broke up with Minho. I didn't know anything about his or his band's popularity, so we went to a park to talk."

She gave a subtle smile while describing her past experiences with Jin.

"I told him why I was in the bar, crying and drinking bottles of wine. I shared my emotions with him and he helped me to get through it. But then, it suddenly started pouring. We ran to a nearby store but got fully wet by then." She explained.

"Wow... This should have been released as a movie." I remarked.

"Right. A movie that doesn't have a happy ending." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, the rain finally stopped and I asked him to come to my house so that I could thank him for helping me to clear up my mind. We got some medicine for cold, some ramen, and a couple bottles of soju from the convenience store before heading to my house."

"In short, you asked him to eat ramen at your place huh?" I smirked as asking someone to eat ramen at your place can mean you want to take things further with them.

"Shut up. I didn't ask him anything and neither did I want to do anything with him. If you don't wanna listen quietly then it's fine, I'll not tell you-"