Chapter 12

"W-where are you taking me to?" I tried to ask her as she kept dragging me to somewhere. She didn't answer again.

When I was about to ask for the fifth time, she gave a death glare and I didn't dare to ask again.

She went up a floor and took me to a green room where we usually get our hair and makeup done. She started looking inside every drawer of the dressing tables, probably trying to find something.

"May I help you?" I asked.

"Where is the first aid box?" She asked and my eyes went wide. I quickly went towards her and started checking her arms.

"Are you hurt somewhere? Did you get burned? Why didn't you said it earlier?"

She grabbed both of my hands by my palms making me stop and look up at her.

"It's not me who's hurt..." She said as she lifted up my shirt's sleeve, revealing a deep reddish spot on my arm.

I looked at her in shock and wondered how did she know about this. I thought she was focused on Yoo-

"Where is the first aid kit?" She asked again, interrupting my thoughts. I went to the corner most drawer and took out a box of first aid.

Taking a seat on the couch, I took a tube of anti-septic from the box to apply on my burning skin. I opened the lid but Y/n took the tube from my hand.

"Wh-"

"Let me do it. You got hurt on your right hand so it will be difficult for you to apply with your left." She said, squeezing a bit of the cream on her finger before gently applying it upon the burnt area.

"I thought you didn't like me..." I said.

"What- I mean... Why? Why do you think like that?" She asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"You treat me differently than the way you treat the other guys." She still kept looking down at my hand while applying the medicine. "I know I may not be a good person but at least I am handsome."

She chuckled.

"Why do you keep ignoring me since the day we met?"

*Y/N's POV*

"Why do you keep ignoring me since the day we met?" He asked.

I have been trying hard to avoid him but I never realized that I was hurting his feelings by doing this. I bit my lip while thinking of an answer to his question.

I sighed.

"It's just that... you remind me of someone..." I lied but not completely.

- FLASHBACK -

5 years ago at the bar ~

I thought about his offer for a while and decided to tell him what happened with my ex-boyfriend.

It won't hurt to share it with a stranger, right?

"The thing is that my-"

"Shall we go somewhere quieter?" He asked, interrupting my sentence. I nodded in agreement as I also needed a bit of a peaceful moment.

We went to a nearby park and sat on a wooden bench. It was quite chilly outside but due to the alcohol, it didn't quite affect us.

"Ah~ this is nice." He softly mumbled.

"What is?" I looked at him.

"The peace here..." He smiled, looking at the vacant surrounding. I nodded.

"By the way, I'm Kim Seokjin. You can call me Seokjin or Jin... Whatever you like." He smiled in a way that his plumpy lips formed a pout.

Holy shit-

I gulped, trying my best to not get seduced by his lips.

"You like it?" He asked.

My eyes went wide as I looked up at him. "H-huh?" I stuttered.

"Do you like it here?" He defined.

My face went hot and probably red too, due to embarrassment. I collected myself and answered a 'yes'.

"Don't feel hesitant and let out every emotion you are feeling right now." He gave an assuring smile and I was ready to express my sorrows to him.

"I got cheated by my ex-boyfriend. I caught him having a session with another girl. He ended our relation of 3 years in just 3 minutes." I tried to hold my tears but failed when Seokjin wrapped his hands around me and took me into his embrace.

"Let it all out. You don't need to hide your emotions anymore. Just cry as much as you want. I'm here to hold you tight and support you." He patted my head lightly and I broke down in his arms while sobbing.

I was slowly losing my balance but he held me tight as he said he will.

"Why?... Why are you doing this?" I asked him through my loud sobs.

"I'm sorry for holding you without your permission. But I felt like you needed someone by your side. And I know how it feels being alone at such times." He said. "I am the eldest in the house, so sometimes I can't share some things with others and it hurts a lot to keep it within."

"Thank you." I muttered with a slight smile, although he couldn't see.

He chuckled, "It's okay."

We were in that position for quite a few minutes. He never did let go of me and neither did I pulled off.

He rested his chin upon my head and that's when I noticed his heartbeat. It was steady but was gradually increasing. His figure was giving me the type of warmth where I could feel a heavenly feeling.

Wait... I just broke up with my boyfriend and I'm already drooling over a stranger??

Tf is wrong with y-

Suddenly, the rain started pouring heavily and we pulled out from the hug awkwardly.

"Let's find a cover first." He suggested and we ran out of the park before stopping at a convenience store.

By that time, we were dripping in the rainwater and it started to feel cold. Seokjin sneezed a couple of times as we stood outside to store, waiting for the rain to stop.

"Should we buy a few medicines, in case we catch a cold?" I asked him.

"Let's get some alcohol too."

_

- PRESENT -

I was about to walk out of the green room when Seokjin pulled me back by my hand.

"If I look like someone you know, then why do you always try to run away from me?" He asked.

I bit my lip as I couldn't think of anything to answer his question.

"Perhaps, do we already know each other somehow?" He raised his eyebrows and I gulped.

"N-no~ of course not!" I nervously laughed.

"Then, friends?"

I looked up at him and saw that he brought his hand forward.

I sighed as I gave up.

"Friends!" I smiled and took his hand in a handshake.

It won't hurt to be JUST FRIENDS, right?