Good / Bad News

Chris's POV
Sunday (Off Day)

I awoke around 5 am to the sound of the guys in the next room banging shit. I was about to get up before I was pulled back onto the bed by Demi.

"Dont leave..." She whined kissing my cheek.

"Dont worry its not like I'm leaving for a trip. I'm going to the gym." I replied "Also you have a meeting today anyway."

"Yeah, I'm meeting with Vince, Stephanie and Hunter tonight. They said it was important."

"Well I would go ok. Maybe it's something to do with your push or something. Just dont be worried too much."

"I know. I've only met Vince once back in 2015. I haven't seen him in 5 years."

"I've seen him once. Ive dealt with Hunter because he's the one who signed me."

I placed a kiss on her cheek, looking her in the eyes.

"I have to go, good luck at your meeting. I'm sure nothings wrong." I say

"Thanks I'll try."

*****
That Night
NXT

Demi's POV

I walked into the building, nervous about my meeting. When I entered the locker room, all the girls looked away from me, except Tegan and Dakota.

"Hey guys." I say "What's up?"

"Nothing much Demi....Are you ok?: Dakota asked

"Yeah I'm fine...nervous but fine. Why?"

Tegan and Dakota looked at eachother before looking back at me.

"Good luck..." They say, leaving the room.

Some of the girls kept looking at me with anger in there eyes. What the hell?

"Rhea Ripley to Vince McMahon's office."

"....fuck" I mumble

I put my stuff in a locker, walking out if the room.

****
Narration

Demi made her way down to Vince's office, knocking on it. She was met by Hunter, who looked kinda upset. He held the door letting her inside. Vince wasnt there yet, it was just the two of them.

Hunter : Vince should be here soon. Just try to relax.

Demi : Do you know why he wanted to speak to me?

Hunter : Not really. As far as I know, he wants to discuss things with the two of us. Then Steph will join in later. This might take awhile so, i took you off the card for tonight.

Demi : That's fine.

*25 Minutes Later*

The door opens, revealing Vince McMahon with a folder in his hands. He shook both Hunter and Demi's hands before sitting in his chair. He placed the folder next to him, while look at them both.

Vince : Alright. Let's get this started.

He turns his computer on, logging onto it, pulling up a document retaining to Demi's WWE portfolio.

Vince : So where do I begin with this.

He turns to Hunter

Vince : Do you see star power with her?

Hunter : Yeah I do. I think she can be a mega star on the main roster. Shes got the talent Vince.

Vince : Right... *coughs* Look Demi, I'm gonna tell you what I honestly think of you and I dont do this very often.

His eyes meet hers

Vince : For me, I try to build stars larger than life. Like John Cena and Stone Cold. Not everyone has to be that but its ideal. I think you can be a star. Only if you improve this one thing.

Demi looked at Hunter. He smiled giving her a thumbs up.

Vince : You have to improve your promo work. That's the one of the only things holding you back.

Hunter placed his arm on Demi's shoulder, as Demi smiled.

Vince : I want you to improve this as well as getting some kind of charisma on you. If you do those two things, your a star.

He looked at Demi

Vince : also...good luck.

*****