He's Back / NXT Takeover : Tampa Bay Part 1

Chris's POV
Hotel Room , Tampa Bay Florida
NXT Takeover Tampa 2020
8:30 am

I lay in my bed, scrolling through NXTs twitter and Instagram pages, reading the fans comments about the card for tonight. Demi wasnt here at the moment, she was out with Toni and Scarlett, on a girls day out. I was surprised that she wanted to hangout with them. She usually refuses to go because she wants to spend all her time with me. I'm glad however, it gives me some time to myself for a change.

Demi and I have been doing better as of late, not much fighting or arguing. No offense to her but she can be a real bitch when shes angry. You can imagine who would be the one on the couch that night. It's happened a couple of times, even in the hotel rooms. Weirdly enough, I dont really have a problem with the couch, it gives me some space.

The hotel room door opened and walked in Demi, holding a bag of some sort. She didnt say anything to me, just placing the bag on the table, walking to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. My curiosity got the best of me as I went over to the bag, opening it. My eyes went wide seeing Comdoms and Pregnancy test in the bag. What the hell is this Demi? Are you trying to tell me something huh?

The bathroom door opened as i ran full force at the bed so Demi wouldnt catch me near the bag. She came out to the main room, toeing the bag.

"What's in the bag huh?" I ask curiously

"Nothing, besides it's not for us anyway." Demi says sternly

I scratch my hair, raising my eyebrows at her

"I uh, kinda saw what was in the bag. Are you trying to tell me something Demi?" I say

"What? No as I said this isnt for us. Also your unbelievable Denton. Snooping around like your some kind of spy."

"So you are just casually holding a bag full of condoms and pregnancy tests? Yeah I'm not buying it?"

Demi clenched her fists, looking at the ground

"Let me talk. Look I was told from Rebecca to hold them for an hour. I dont know why she asked me but I did it because I'm a good friend." She sighed

"Ah I apologize. I got excited is all."

"Excited? Not yet Chris, I thought we both agreed on not doing it in a freaking hotel room of all places."

"Yeah I, uh just thought wrong."

"Dont worry about it. Besides we have to get to Takeover tonight remember? It's your return to NXT afterall."

"Yeah I guess it is."

I looked down to the ground, scratching my hair. Sure I was happy that I'd be able to wrestle again but, I've actually enjoyed my time away from WWE. It's weird because I've been wrestling since I was 18, and it's something I've always wanted to do forever. Now all of a sudden I've kinda lost the will to continue.

"Chris? Hello?" Demi says, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?" I say, snapping out of my transce

"I said that we need to get going. We have to be at the arena by 10:30 this morning."

"Crap what time is it?"

"9:25, you better hurry up before I leave without you."

"Fuck, I'll meet you in the car, I have to get ready fast."

******

I got into the shower, cleaning my body and getting freshened up before meeting Demi at the car. I got into the passenger side door, Demi pulling out of the driveway before I got the chance to put on my seatbelt.

We floored it down the highway, avoiding cars and trucks. You could say that we were on a very tight window to make it to the arena in time.

Demi pulled into the parking lot, parking near the back. We both got out of the car, grabbed our stuff, rushing inside without a goodbye or a kiss.

I got into the building after checking in with security. I spotted Keith and Adam near a table so I walked and sat with them.

"Damn took you long enough to get here Denton." Adam says

"Yeah I was kinda running late. Caused Demi and I to nearly be written up by Hunter." I say, rolling my eyes

"Maybe be more prepared next time." Keith says, sipping his glass of water "You dont want to get on Hunter's bad side. You'll regret it big time."

"I'll try my best Keith, no promises though."

"Chris? Can you come with me real quick?" Toni asked

"Uh yeah is everything ok?"

"No not really, I'll explain when we get there. Just hurry."

"Y-yeah let's go."

Toni and I arrived to the medical office. She led me inside the room to find Demi, laying on the table.

"What-what the hell happened to her?" I asked worridly

"She was talking with us when she just passed out. We dont know why."

I walked over to her left side, pulling a chair up besides her. Demi's eyes opened, turning to face mine. She looked shocked and scared, a mixture of both.

"Where....w-where am I?" She says, holding her head

"Your in the medical office. Toni says you lasted out randomly. Are you feeling ok babe?" I asked

"Um...yeah-yeah I think I'm fine. My head hurts a little is all. Toni thank you for helping me here."

"No problem Demi, but I gotta run and talk to Hunter real quick. Text me when your all better ok? Bye."

Toni left the room in a hurry, leaving only Demi and I. She turned her body to face me, as i did the same.

"Ugh...I hope this doesnt effect my match tonight." She says softly "Shit like this happened randomly for no reason. I cant ever catch a break."