Talk With The Boss

Demi's POV

My eyes darted open, the clock read 7 am, Chris lays asleep next to me. Today was the day that Hunter and Vince wanted talk with me. I not entirely sure what they could want to talk about, but I couldnt be good.

"I hope this talk goes well..." I say, sighing

I feel a pair of hands grab my shoulders lightly.

"You'll do fine baby, it cant be anything bad." Chris says, rubbing my shoulders

"I-im sorry, I didnt mean to wake you up."

"You didnt wake me up, I've been up for a minute. But like I said, dont worry about this discussion very much Demi. If anything, its has to be good news."

"I guess that could be the case. Whatever, I'll find out when I get to the building. I gotta run now babe, love you." I say, kissing his cheek.

"Love you too." He says, as I grab my things and leave the hotel room.

30 Minutes Later :

I arrive at the arena, parking my car relatively far from the building. As I walked closer, my heart went into hyper drive. I've talked to Hunter and Vince before, but today it feels different.

Vince's office was the last door all the way on the left side of the arena. It took about 15 minutes for me to get there. Stopping in front of the office door, I hesitated. My hand was shaking as I tried to move it to open the door.

"Bennett, good to see you." Vince says, ushering his hand into the office. "Come in."

*****

Chris's POV

I was making my way to the arena, mainly because I hadn't heard much from Demi. It had been a few hours since she last left.

"I wonder what shes doing right now?" I say slowly

I continued driving until I reached the arena.

*****
Noones POV

Chris made his way into the arena, walking around backstage looking for his Demi. He'd become more wary about her leaving him alone for too long.

"Chris?" Demi says in confusion

"Yeah that's me. So how'd it go with Vince?" He says, sitting next to her

"Surprisingly very well. He praised me for my work lately. I should be expecting a huge push very soon."

"Well that's great, I'm happy for you Demi, I really am."

Demi placed a hand on his shoulder, clearly sensing something was off about her boyfriend.

"Chris, what's wrong?" She asked quietly, playing with his hair

"Nothings wrong." He says, slowly placing his head on her shoulder

"I'm not stupid Chris. You're my boyfriend, so I know when something's off with the person I love."

Chris looked to the ground, a light reddish blush flushed over his cheeks. Demi noticed this, lightly stroking his hair.

"I. Uh how do I say this..." Chris trails "I'm happy for you, honestly but....I'm kinda feeling a little jealous of you at the moment."

Demi pulled herself away from Chris, her eyebrow.

"You, you, your jealous of me? But... we're in this together. What do you mean by that?"

"I just dont think I've been able to go anywhere at the moment. See you go as far as you've gone is incredible no doubt. I just wish I was able to say the same thing about myself."

"Chris werent you the same person who said that you needed more time to harden your skills. Maybe upper management agrees with that statement."

"Yeah that's true, but you didn't have to remind me about it."

"Look I'm not trying to be an ass or anything. My success is your success. Dont ever forget that, ok?"

"Yeah your right, I apologize. I'm just glad your getting the chances that you deserve."

"Its not a problem, how about we go back to the hotel until the show later tonight. Hopefully get our minds where they should be."

"Another great idea. I see you've got both the brains and beauty of this relationship."

"Dont mention it. Come on let's go."

Demi grabs Chris's hand, they both walk to the car with glee.

****

I apologize for the short chapter, I'm finally getting back to posting on here after a while. Thank you to everyone who still reads the stories, and for those who are still here after this long ass hiatus.

-Davemustaineisgod22