𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Despite the slight rumble between Ben and Addie, he wasn't at all mad and didn't let this bother him whatsoever, with his head completely focused on this weeks upcoming game against Arsenal. In fact, the siblings had already made up within a few weeks and her big brother had already given them their blessing, much to everyone's surprise.

With the main focus being the vital game against Arsenal, the footballer had been thriving in training, even receiving the odd compliment off of Brendan Rodgers which some would say was actually hard to believe. Having all this motivation since returning to the club from his week off was maybe what he needed and if he kept this correct and healthy mindset, Ben was guaranteed to find his form again straight away.

With plenty of support in hand, Tansy had the day off so decided to spend it at the King Power Stadium to watch the game. In fact, it was the girl's first Leicester City game since she returned to the city.

Also there to support their significant others fro2m the opposing team was Evie Bergkamp and Ylljeta Xhelilaj who were there to watch both Arsenal men, Kieran Tierney and Shkodran Mustafi. With both teams being in a good form recently, it was bound to be a close but also competitive match between the two Premier League teams.

"Guess who's starting this match?" Ben jumped with joy at Tansy, with the couple standing in the tunnel before the match was due to begin. "Chilly's only gone and done it, he's back!"

"I knew you could do it." Tansy congratulated him, giving him a quick peck on the lips too. "It's amazing what you can do when you put your head to it, isn't it?"

"Alright smarty pants, you do not need to prove me wrong once again." He jokingly shook his head at the smaller girl. "It's all down to you, my good luck charm."

"Don't be so soppy, Chilwell." The blonde jokingly faked gagged at his words. "If I'm really your good luck charm, go out there and get us a goal or two then."

"Can't promise that. A defender always has to clear his lines." Ben laughed once more, before they were met in the tunnel by Kieran and Evie.  "Fancy seeing you two here."

"It's almost as if we're playing each other in an hours time, how bizarre." Kieran said jokingly, shaking Ben's hand. "How you doing, buddy? And the missus." His thick Scottish accent spoke.

"We're doing grand, that's this one back in Leicester for good now. A qualified mental health nurse now." With that said, congratulations were in order from the other couple.

"Congratulations, that must be so rewarding." Evie congratulated her, pulling her into a hug. "That means you'll have to score a goal or two for Tansy now, Ben."

"Hey! You're supposed to be cheering the Gunners on instead, not them!" The Scotsman jokingly punched his girlfriend's shoulder. "You absolute traitor."

"That doesn't mean that Arsenal can't still win though." She shook her head at him. "Arsenal through and through."

"Part time Leicester fan." Ben winked jokingly, making everyone laugh. "I better get off, need to sort out my boots and kit." With the couples passing ways already, exchanging their fair shares of 'good lucks' between them. 

They only made it so far down the other end of the tunnel before bumping into Shkodran and Ylljeta, who they also greeted. The pairs stood talking for a bit before the boys were called back respectively to join their teams, with the girls making their way up to the stands together.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

So far, the game was going just as expected with both teams performing just as well as each other, with both getting the better of the chances that were coming for goal. With just the closing minutes of the first half Leicester went 1-0 up, with the goal coming from Ben Chilwell, just as he had promised Tansy.

With the second half now underway, Arsenal were slightly the better team, trying to find an equaliser and possibly a winner, which most would say was actually looking likely. You could het your beats that they had equalised just within 10 minutes or so within the second half of the game before going 2-1 just slightly after.

Leicster were back in the game after going 2-2 shortly after before fighting back to win the game 3-2 and earned 3 very hard fought but well deserved points to push them up the league. The remainder of the goals came from Jamie Vardy and were assisted by no other than the man himself, Ben Chilwell.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

appoligies that this is more of a filler chapter once again but i have a killer migraine and sore eyes from staring at the laptop screen for so long (it would help if i actually used my glasses but here we are :/) so i've been rushing away on this one.

only another three chapters left plus the epilogue before this book is done so i'm gassed. i'll potentially do a double update tonight or tomorrow :)