𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

IN BLUE

CHAPTER TWELVE
𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

After hearing the news from James, Cassidy and Harry drove Tansy to Leicester, to the door of the local hospital.

Although Tansy wasn't best pleased to be 'reunited' so soon with her now ex boyfriend, it would play on her gut if she didn't take the opportunity to at least make sure Ben was in fact alright.

"They've landed you in hospital for that, mate?" Jack Grealish chuckled, as he and his girlfriend Aspen were among half of the visitors there. "I watched it back and that had to be a dodgy slide tackle." Winding his best friend up.

"Knowing Ben he probably tripped over his own foot." James added on, slowly getting a little smirk out of the injured footballer.

"You two are seriously the biggest wind up merchants going." Ben shook his head at the mischievous pair.

"As they say, laughter is the best medicine." Svetlana added onto the conversation.

"All I can say is well at least I don't roll around on a field for a living." Aspen chuckled, seeking another little laugh from the Leicester player.

"Once you lot start, you never stop." The injured player laughed once more. "In all seriousness, thank you for coming by to see me."

"It's what friends are for, don't worry about it." The Aston Villa player patted Ben's shoulder before noticing him becoming very agitated and distracted. "You alright, Buddy?" To which he received no answer to.

"Ben?" Svet questioned softly, waving a hand in front of his face to hopefully try and attract his attention. "Are you okay?"

With the injured player attempting to painfully shuffle to sit up from the hospital bed, some words finally came out of this mouth.

"Am I seeing things or is that Tansy wondering around the ward?" Ben squinted, pointing over to a blonde figure nearby. "How did she know I was here?"

"I was more wondering why she's here? I recall you telling me that she didn't want much more to do with you." Aspen asked in confusion. "Who would've asked her to come down here?" Making the other Leicester City player flush red after being caught out.

"It was Madders, that's the face he makes when he's been called out for something." Jack pointed out to everybody. "Inviting his ex girlfriend here is only going to make things worse."

"James thought he was doing a good deed, maybe it won't be so bad after all." The blonde stuck up for her boyfriend. "Just leave it be." As Tansy was eventually guided over to Ben's bed by a nurse.

"I think we'll go and grab a coffee, we'll leave you two it." Aspen got up, dragging Jack with her with Lana and James following closely behind.

"I take it i'm not particularly welcome here, then." were the first words to fall out of the student nurse's mouth, standing awkwardly at the end of the bed.

"Jack didn't mean that, he only means well. He's always just trying to look out for me." Ben said, looking up at the girl. "Come take a seat closer, that's if you'd like to." He said, awkwardly pointing at the vacant seats by his bedside with Tansy doing just that.

"I meant more by you but I guess I can take that." The blonde awkwardly laughed. "If you don't want me here then I'll easily go."?

"I wouldn't have asked you to sit down, silly." Ben began to break the awkward tension between the former 'high school sweethearts'. "I just didn't expect to see you here, never mind so soon."

"James advised me that I should pop down, after saying you were in a bad state." She started to explain. "I was in London so Cass and Harry insisted that they'd take me down to see you."

"Cass and Harry were always so good to you, I'm glad nothings changed there." Ben nodded after hearing her friend's names. "I'm feeling a lot better after a few hours, just a little sore all over. How are you keeping?"

"Finally getting there, it's nice not having to travel between Leicester and Edinburgh as often anymore." She openly admitted, breaking Ben's heart a little. "It's lifted some of the stress and I'm off to start my assignments shortly before the last few of my work placements."

"Look at you go, I'm glad your doing a lot better than I am." He chuckled. "Apart from this stupid bloody injury, I'm great."

"Isn't normally like you to pick up such a harsh injury, is it?" She questioned, slightly confused. "How longs this one keeping you out for?"

"It isn't normally like me to make such a harsh and stupid tackle to injure myself." Ben added on to the conversation. "No idea yet, I'm still waiting for the doctor to come back with the scan results and I guess that they'll take it from there. I reckon this will keep me out a few months atleast."

"Jeez, sounds a foolish tackle more than anything else there." She nodded after Ben explained it to her. "Knowing how stubborn you are, you'll be back before you know it."

"I'm surprised you still remember the stubborn Ben." He laughed away, remembering the better times. "It's just a waiting game now."

"Yeah, it'll be tough but you'll make it through." Tansy reassured the injured footballer. "As much as I hate to admit it, I believe in you."

"Thank you, Tans. That's what I really needed to hear." Ben returned the smile, as the pair continued to chat amongst themselves.

━━━━━ *✭˚・゚✧*・ ゚ author's note
and i'm back again (kind of)! i'm so sorry for going against the upload schedule but it really just wasn't working for me anymore. if you want to read more on that then feel free to check my spam book out!

have you ever met any players from the premier league?
i met madders back in 2016, before he was in the pl, but it still counts i guess. i may post the picture someday on my spam book.

♡ all my love, b x