𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

After the 'make or break' weekend away to Leicester, things were still undecided between both Tansy and Ben. Of course there was something there, but would it have been too soon to tell? As this point, who really knew.

Tansy was now back to her second home in Edinburgh in preparation for her graduation as  a fully qualified mental health nurse. It was still undecided if she would stay to work in Scotland or relocate elsewhere such as back home in Milton Keynes or to Leicester, which would be fully reliant on the whole Ben situation.

Unfortunately, her parents couldn't make it up the road for her graduation due to work commitments, with Tansy was more than 100% understandable about. Ben also couldn't make it through the borders, due to having a few games to play during the week which involves overnight stays. All in all, Tansy still had her University friends there for support, with planned celebrations afterwards.

The student was on her way back up to her student accommodation after meeting with one of her close friends for lunch. After turning the key and opening the door, she noticed a pillow from the seat was no longer there and the sound of the television was blaring.

"Don't worry, it's only me!" Ben chimed, scaring the living daylight out of his ex girlfriend. "Nice surprise?"

"Certainly a surprise." Tansy replied, taking a minute to realise that the footballer was actually there. "You scared the shit out of me, what are you even doing here?"

"It's your graduation ain't it? I wouldn't want to miss that for the world." The footballer replied, with a wide and cheesy grin. "Would I?"

"It's not until a few days though." The blonde said before stopping for a second to think. "I thought you had a few away games this week, with your overnight stays. There's no way that you're injured again?" Her eyebrows furrowed with even more confusion.

"Might've been in Brendan's good books." Ben started to explain. "Might've requested the week off for good reason, might have gotten it off." As his smile widened even more.

"You shouldn't have!" Tansy said, looking as if she was about to tear up. "Your the absolute best, thank you." As she went over to give the boy a big bear hug,

"Careful, anymore of that and you'll cut off my circulation!" Ben warned her, wriggling out of her grasp. "That's better." He said with a sigh of relief.

"Was that too much too soon?" The smaller girl took a step or two back away from him, fearing rejection. "Sorry."

"No, no." He reassured her before returning the friendly gesture. "All I meant was that you were a bit tight on hugging me back there."

"Again, I'm sorry." A nervous laugh left Tansy's lips. "I guess we're both trying to get back into each other's good books, eh?"

"Very true and I suppose it's working?" As the pair eventually let go and sat on the sofa together to talk. "You nervous for your graduation then?"

"Just a tad but I guess it'll all be worth it so I can start work as soon as possible." Tansy nodded, knowing the hard work was so close to be finished.

"About that, where are you going once your finished with everything?" The footballer asked her out of curiosity.

"I'm not completely decided but it's likely I'm going to go back home to Milton Keynes. Mum and dad said I was more than welcome to move back in so I guess that's a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders." She explained, with going back home being the best option out of those available.

"Or why don't you just move back to Leicester with me? I mean, that's only if you want to." Ben spat out without thinking at all.

"That's what we initially agreed to though, only when we were together." Tansy said in reply, thinking on how to respond to it. "Except this time we're not actually together now, are we?"

"You have a fair point there." Ben immediately agreed with her statement for a second. "I wasn't bothering to ask until after your graduation but now seems a better time than any."

"Well ask ahead then." The girl said with slight confusion. Why was now a better time than the next few days together?

"Well while it's a hot topic for the both of us, I was maybe wondering to see how you feel to be my girlfriend again?" The footballer asked, reluctantly. "As in getting back together."

"I know what you meant by that, dummy." She chuckled away to herself. "Your answer to that is yes!"

"You're serious?"

"Deadly." Tansy smiled, with the pair now sharing another hug. "And yes that means I'll come back to Leicester with you."

"You're joking?" His eyes widened, not believing how easy it was to win her around like that. "Everything's finally falling back into place."

"How about we get a Chinese takeaway to celebrate?" Tansy offered.

"You know me so well, Meadows."