J-HOPE

Melbourne Hospital was already buzzing when Evei entered at around 8 A.M. for her usual shift. She had been working as a dermatologist in the hospital for around two years and had just returned after a brief two months leave. Her divorce had been finalized about 7 months ago and she had decided to go on a vacation to relieve the stress that she felt.

It was not very helpful either, because her ex-husband worked in the same hospital as a general surgeon. It was not a bitter divorce, but the pain still stung. She had been together with Rupert for as long as she could remember. They had gone to the same middle school, high school and even medical school. They had vowed to always be there for each other and all the romantic stuff since a very young age, but as they matured, their relationship did not.

Over a long and sturdy custody battle over their kid Lesley, who clearly always preferred her father, and the mental toll that her work had taken on her, Evei decided to go to Hawaii for her holiday. Even there, she could not be fully refreshed, because she kept on nagging people to wear sunscreen and hats.

"Hey Tatiana", she greeted the receptionist, as her face was scanned for hospital record attendance.

"Hey Evei", greeted Ta in her usual cheerful voice "How are you? How was Hawaii?"

"Wonderful", answered Evei, lying through her teeth. In reality, she was miserable throughout the trip, only thinking about her ex-husband, who was already dating, and her daughter Lesley, who was fine without her.

"You tots loved it", said Tatiana "How were the guys huh?" she said, slyly.

"For a recently divorced woman, everyone resembled my ex", said Evei.

"Well I wouldn't say your ex is that bad looking", she said shrugging "but I'm not the one thirsting over him Eve, it's the bitch from radiology"

Tatiana always seemed to be more offended with Rose more than Evei ever could be. Rose, as Tatiana pointed out so eloquently as, the bitch-of-radiology, was someone that was involved with her husband Rupert, 2 years before their divorce. Safe as it was to say, he had been cheating on Evie for 2 years and that caused a rift in an already broken marriage.

"How is Lesley?" asked Evei, who knew that Leslie had taken a liking of Ttiana and always visited her, calling her a fun-friend.

"I've seen her roam around", admitted Tatiana "though I did see your husband take her to the paediatric ward last Sunday"

"WHAT", exclaimed Evei. Rupert had not told her anything about Leslie getting sick.

"She's fine sis", said Tatiana "And ever since the new Dr. has joined the department, every child seems to be doing fine. Not to mention the DR., who is as fine as hell"

"New?" asked Evei, who was still thinking about giving her ex-husband a piece of her mind for not notifying about Lesley later that day.

"Yeah, some doctor Hope", said

"Doctor Hope?" asked Evei amused "No wonder he seems to be good at his work"

"Oh, he's very good", said Tatiana "They say he is the best"

"And let me guess, you want to seduce him?"

"Oh don't be a cynic like always Eve", she pouted.

Evei made her way into her room while Tatiana followed after her, carrying a log of all the patients that were to visit her today. Thankfully, she didn't have any kind of minor surgeries for today and only had around 10 patients. She would be free by mid-day.

"I'm not. On the other hand I actually would like to see you paired", said Evei, as Tatiana smiled.

"Is there anyone who is waiting outside Tats? she asked .