"I know, honey. I know. We'll get to the bottom of this..."

Dad suddenly snaps his head to the left, and seconds later we hear the front door close, Finn's voice echoing through the living room when he steps inside. "God, sis, how old are you? Twelve?" he laughs when he spots me on my parents' laps, but I just shrug, finding it somewhat comfortable by now.

"You're just jealous," I say, stretching out my tongue when he walks over to me and pulls all three of us in a hug.

"Yeah, can't deny that." Both Mom and Dad shake their head with a laugh at that, and Finn takes my hand before pulling me off the sofa.

"Hey!" I exclaim, but Finn just hugs my side before leaning in to whisper, "You better go outside, I brought you a present."

My eyes widen at his words, and it only takes one look at his scrubs to connect the dots. "You're such a meddler."

"Ah, thank me later." He winks and I just shake my head as I make my way outside.

I'm not surprised when I find Lincoln leaning against his car in our driveway, a bright smile on his face as soon as he spots me. He makes his way over, his arms wrapping around my body as soon as he reaches me. "Hey, handsome," I say, trying not to faint from just how beautiful he looks today.

"Hi..." He searches my eyes for a moment, and I know what he's looking for, that he's asking if I'm alright. I let him find his own answer, a sudden content smile on his lips indicating he found it before he leans down and kisses me so deeply, I feel like I just dove to bottom of the sea with the simple collision of our lips.

I feel a sigh leave my lips when his tongue enters my mouth, and I can't help but meet him, holding on for dear life as our tongues dance their familiar waltz. "Parents..." I mutter, knowing I'm nowhere near strong enough to resist him today.

He chuckles, pulling back before pressing another kiss on my lips as he whispers, "Sorry... You make me feel like a teenager sometimes."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Good thing, definitely a good thing." A smirk plays on his lips as we pull apart, and I just bathe in that sparkle in his eyes when he looks at me, when he appreciates every single inch of my soul with a single glance.

"You're early..." I say, stating the obvious since it's only five in the afternoon.

"Yeah," he sighs, brushing some hair out of my face, "I felt horrible this morning for leaving so early. And my patients were nice today, the last surgery went better than expected and I just wanted to be here, so I asked a colleague of mine to cover the last hour of my shift... I also ran into Finn, and I offered him a ride when I saw him fiddling with his bicycle outside. And now I'm here."

He shoots me a warm smile, and I reciprocate it before getting on my toes to press another kiss on his lips. "I appreciate it. Thank you."

"Of course." He wraps one arm around my waist, tugging me into his side when he asks, "Now... How was your day?"

"Pretty good, we had lunch and drove over to Grams's house, we came back like half an hour before you guys showed up..."

"Hey, guys!" my mother suddenly calls out from the hallway, "You can come inside, you know?"

I can't help but laugh, shaking my head before looking up at Link, "You up for that?"

"Sure," he nods his head with a smile.

And so we make our way inside, but the second I step foot into the house and want to close the door behind me I feel a hand on my wrist, the sudden feeling making me jerk backward as I turn around to see who the hell startled me like that.