Ash sighed. "Ok, is there anything more specific you remember? Perhaps a date? Or a time and place?"

"U-um.." Shoto thought about the only thing he could remember - training with his father - and tried to remember the day. "It was.."

He knew it was something semi important that day. He remembered his father saying they wouldn't celebrate like always, but Shoto just couldn't get it. It was on the tip of his tongue-

"Oh, it was my birthday." Shoto blurted out.

That's right, it was his 14th birthday and Fuyumi was going to celebrate at some park with him, but his father wanted to train. Needless to say, he ended up training all day.

"Alright now some basic questions. Do you remember the date of your birthday?" Ash asked, happy they were getting somewhere.

This one was a much easier question. "January 11."

Ash smiled. "And your mother's name?"

"Rei." Shoto answered effortlessly.

"What about your father's name?" Ash asked.

He wasn't Shoto's father, and he would've said so but these doctors were all staring at him so he just gave a straight up answer. "Enji."

"And just for precautionary reasons, what is your name?"

"Todoroki Shoto."

"Great!" Ash marked off several rows of questions on his clipboard. Now was when it got harder. "Do you know who Aizawa Shouta is?"

Shoto racked his brain for an answer, but found himself coming up empty.

"No..? Should I?" Shoto asked.

Ash smiled softly. "Don't worry about it, what about Yamada Hizashi?"

Shoto just shook his head.

Ash sighed, there were only a few more questions to determine how much of his memory he had lost and they were barely getting anywhere.

"Do you know who Kaminari Denki is?"

The name immediately struck something inside of him, like he knew who the person was but he couldn't quite grasp it.

"D-Denki..?" Shoto said quietly. He felt like he had said the name thousands of times. Millions even. It rolled of his tongue in such a natural way. But he still couldn't figure it out.

He had a strange feeling that he needed to remember that name.

Ash's pitiful smile widened into a real one and decided to continue with Denki.

"Yes," pulling up Denki's informational file given to him by the police, Ash continued. "He was taken in by Aizawa and Yamada around the same time you were. From what we've heard you two are very close. Can you tell me what you remember about him?"

Shoto looked down for a few seconds.

Denki...

Shoto felt terrible for not being able to remember where he heard the name from. He felt like Denki - whoever that was - would be disappointed in him for not remembering.

"That's alright, take your time. Would you like me to explain more about him?" Ash asked.

Shoto just nodded and so Ash got out a few more papers. Why the hospital had them was beyond Shoto, but whatever.

Something seemed to occur to Ash in that moment.

"Todoroki-san, do you happen to know how old you might be?" Ash asked.

Shoto shrugged. "Well, 14. I'm assuming it's been a few days since my birthday though."

"....."

"Well shit." Mumbled Ash.

"Ash Katashi!" Another doctor reprimanded the young redhead male.

"Stay out of this Eiko." Ash said sternly.

The opposing white haired male stepped down. They all looked quite young to be doctors and such but hey, what the hell did Shoto know anyways?

"Alright Todoroki, Kaminari Denki is 16. The same age as you. Two years ago, Endeavor was brought into police custody after suspected ahold abuse and neglect. About a year and a half ago he was put on house arrest for quite a while. Kaminari-san is your brother-"

Shoto had to fight as gasp as he closed his eyes and sudden memories came to him.

-
"I'm Denki!"
-
Shoto was walking down the stairs and someone bumped into him

"Sorry Sho.." A yellow haired boy apologized, rubbing his eyes and yawned like a cat.
-
"It's ok Denki. You wanna help me with the brownies?" Shoto asked, the playful smile not leaving his lips.
-
"How about you start thinking what movie you want and find it on Disney Plus? I was thinking we could watch Frozen. Never watched, only ever heard about it."

"Bleh, this is why I pick the movies." The boy whispered.
-
"No training, just watching movies with your favorite brother?"
-
"Come on Sho, it's already 7:30~!"
-

They continued and when it really started to hurt, Shoto pulled away from the incoming information.

Denki..

Denki was his brother.

Denki was the one he cared about most in this world.

Denki was the one who constantly took care of him, while he constantly took care of Denki in return.

"Todoroki-san." Ash asked.

Shoto snapped out of it and looked towards the shorter than average male.

"Have you remembered something?"

Shoto moves his lips, as if he were getting ready to talk. But nothing came out. After a few more times of Shoto mouthing random nonsense, he started talking.

"Denki.." He mumbled. "I want to see Denki."

I'm just really curious how many of you guys have seen Psycho-Pass?