chapter 34 - home with you

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 34 - home with you

Harry offering the key to his residence was a bolt from the blue.

I had never been in a relationship, let alone come close to being given a key. I may not have a lot of experience when it comes to dating a guy for months, but I didn't think this belonged to the early stages of dating.

My heart was heavy, and my throat ached with fear. Was this too much? Was I ready to accept the key to his apartment? A key that could've belonged to Daisy in the past?

I knew he was eagerly waiting for an answer. And I did, too.

"You don't want it, do you?" he asked quietly; almost impossible for me to hear.

"I am not sure, Harry." I breathed. "This is new to me."

"You don't have to take it." he reminded me. "Even though I really hope you do."

"Can I think about it?" I asked him in a brittle voice.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Harry answered me. "Take your time." and the smile that crossed his face was warm and reassuring everything was fine.

But I was perfectly aware of the fact that the answer I had given him was not what he had wanted to hear. I understood why it made him unhappy because it made me dispirited, too.

It verily worried me that I couldn't say yes and be on cloud nine. I was unable to burst of exuberance, all because I had stumbled upon a stupid piece of paper. A note that messed with my head more than I wanted to.

My decision didn't affect our meal together. We continued talking while stuffing our mouths with the delicious pancakes. I was thankful Harry insisted on ordering our late-breakfast at his favored diner.

Later that day, he had to return to his apartment. Harry had to go over tomorrow's schedule together with his crew; to be sure the new recordings for his project would go through in the afternoon.

I wasn't ready to say goodbye to his gorgeous face, but I knew it was necessary to let him go.

Standing in the doorway of my apartment, he had my face cupped in his soft hands. His thumbs brushed against my cheeks smoothly as his lips claimed mine, making me feel feverish.

"I didn't scare you when I showed you the key, did I?" he questioned under his breath.

"No, Harry. You didn't. I promise." I said. Being thoroughly honest.

"Tell me when you've made up your mind."

"I will." I promised him.

Harry kissed me once more. And I already got excited about our future kisses.

"I can get used to this." Harry spoke against my lips. "You. Me. Kissing endlessly and sleeping together."

Harry mentioning last night events caused me to blush instantaneously. I tried my hardest to hide the shade of red that crept onto my face. Luckily, he was unable to see the bright color of my cheeks in the dark hallway – the lights were off, which usually were turned on at this time of day.

"So it was good?" I asked gently. Trying to find out if last night reached his expectations.

"Good?" he repeated my words and laughed. "It was perfect, Liz." Harry confessed. "It couldn't have been better. Now get your head back in the game and write a best-selling novel."

One last time, his lips met with mine and I smiled through the kiss.

"Call me tonight?"

"Definitely." Harry proclaimed.