chapter 70 - guarded

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 70 - guarded

I got through this day because I counted down the hours until I got to see Harry again, which I would've considered overly dramatic years ago but didn't anymore.

During my break with Harry, I told him I had talked to Logan about our trip. Like Harry told me to, I hadn't given Logan any say in the matter so he wouldn't stop us from going anywhere.

The longer we were talking about our plan, the brighter his smile was getting. He was unbelievably excited about us going away together, and I was too. I had never gone away with a guy, but I was glad to go on this adventure with Harry.

He dropped me off at home after we were both done working. I loved it whenever he kissed me sweetly before I'd get back inside.

"You sure you can't stay the night at my place?" Harry asked, begging slightly.

"I wish I could, but I'm seeing Mia, Carter, and Isaac tonight." I said. "I haven't been with them for days."

"Fair enough." he spoke before stealing another kiss. "I'll think of you when I'm at home."

"Keep the dirty thoughts off your mind, Styles."

"I can't promise you I will, Miller." the smug on his face looked he was gladdened by his response.

"I have to go now." I told him.

He pouted shortly. "All right." Harry then agreed. "If you ever change your mind tonight, I'll come and get you."

"I know, Styles." I pressed my forehead gently against his. "I'll text you later tonight." I assured him.

"Okay." Harry came closer and pressed his lips on mine and my body was on fire. I immediately longed for him, but I couldn't give in to my desires right now. I had other plans.

I got out of his car and stood on the pavement; waiting for him to drive off.

Instead, he lowered his window. "I miss you already!" he shouted shamelessly and I blushed.

"Go home!" I told him.

Shooting me a quick wink, the window went back up, and he drove away from me.

Standing on the sidewalk and seeing him disappear used to make me sad, but that wasn't the case anymore. I knew I'd see him again after tonight, so I didn't have to walk away with a damaged heart.

Making my way to my apartment, I knew I had to do something else before I could meet up with my friends. The moment I stepped inside, I threw my jacket towards the coat rack; totally unbothered whether it would fall on the floor or stick to it.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Dylan's number because the conversation we had this morning was still on my mind.

Moving around the living room, the device was planted against my ear, and I imperturbably waited on him to pick it up.

"Hi, Liz." Dylan said as he sounded out of breath.

"Hey, you." I spoke through the phone. "What are you doing?"

"I just got back from a run." he let me know, which clarified why he was breathing heavily. I could hear him unlock their front door. If Harry was on his way home he wouldn't be there for another ten or fifteen minutes, giving us enough time to catch up. "How about you? Did you finish a new part?"

"Almost." I said, smiling. "I have been too busy emailing my editor about her suggestions and the changes I have made. She seems positive about the edited version."