chapter 66 - all is well

10 Hours Away - Harry Styles AU

chapter 66 - all is well

Whenever friends are quiet after you share news, it feels like time stands still although the world keeps spinning around.

My eyes were fixated on Mia, but I hastily moved on to Isaac, then to Carter, and back to Mia. I was trying to see something change in their faces that would show me they were happy for me.

But what if they weren't happy for me at all? What if they thought I had made a huge mistake by going back? By giving in and letting Harry have control over my heart, again? What if they thought I should've given somebody else a chance instead of Harry because he had already gotten his?

My throat was dry, mostly because of the tension building up inside me. The longer they took to respond, the more I thought they were afraid to speak up and be candid.

However, in reality, not even ten seconds had passed by before Carter was the first one to say something to me.

"That's great news, Liz!" Carter spoke, smiling at me. And then, after his words, happiness captured all of their faces.

"I knew the two of you would find their way back." Isaac cheered and raised his beer can.

"So you talked to him?" Mia asked, her eyes big.

"I did, yeah." I said.

"Wow, Liz, you keep on surprising me today. All of us, actually."

"Why's that?" I asked, laughing.

"Well, you keep on showing us how much you have grown over time. It's crazy!" Mia revealed enthusiastically.

"Don't overreact, Mia." I waved her off, but one of the boys decided to intervene.

"Mia is telling the truth, Liz." Carter voiced confidently. "You wouldn't have talked to Harry months ago. You would have been too scared back then."

"Trust me, I was scared this time, too."

"Yeah, but it's a different kind of scared." Isaac claimed, but I had no idea what he meant until he explained it to me. "Normally, when you get scared, Liz, you don't dare to talk to somebody. Whenever you were struggling with your feelings for Harry, you decided to take a step back. This time, you didn't."

"Exactly." Mia praised, looking content.

"You guys are right." I gave in. "Gosh, I'd have never done this years ago or at the beginning." I added. "It did take a while before I talked to Harry, though."

"Well, that's irrelevant, Liz. You talked to him instead of staying away. That's what actually counts." Carter noted.

"It's such a relief to hear you guys being so positive." I spoke up. "As if a weight has fallen off my shoulders."

"Of course we are happy for you!" Mia stated excitingly. "Seeing you happy is what we all want!"

"Don't forget we can hang out with Harry and Dylan again without any of us feeling uncomfortable." Isaac mentioned, smiling funnily.

I rolled my eyes at him. "As if you'd ever feel uncomfortable around somebody."

"It's more the other way around." Mia remarked.

"Why's that? Explain it to me, Mia Young." Isaac wanted an answer, clearly.

"You can sometimes ask weird questions." she informed him as she lightly shrugged.