chapter 53 - holding on

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 53 - holding on

Mia and I were on our way to the James Goldwirth building. She had one last meeting with her mentor today while I was going to present my latest chapter to Logan.

"So? How did it go? Did you guys share something?"

"Like what?" I wondered.

"Like a passionate kiss?" Mia started interrogation me after we received our freshly squeezed orange juices.

"The only thing we shared was pizza, Mia." I said after I yawned; I felt slightly sleepy. Last night, I had stayed awake till late to finish where I had left off. But it was all worth it because I was thrilled to share this new part with Logan.

"What a bummer!" Mia groaned.

"You should be proud of me, Mia." I objected forthwith.

"Why should I? Tell me."

"Because this means I'm sticking to my promise! As I have mentioned before, Harry and I are friends now." I declaimed.

"Kinda boring." Mia commented with a smile on her face. Even though she would say those words to me, I knew she was proud of me for making this friendship work.

"So you're calling us boring, too?" I asked, pointing at her and me. "We're friends, too."

"We're different. We're Liz and Mia. We aren't Liz and Harry." she expressed dramatically.

"Whatever you say, Mia." I waved her off and she chuckled.

Taking a sip from my drink, we crossed the street with the mass of pedestrians.

"Harry told me he has decided to stop filming." I let her know. "He's putting his project on hold." hurriedly I put the loose strand of hair behind my ear.

Mia's face showed me she didn't see this coming. Evidently, I wasn't the only one who didn't understand where his decision came from after he dropped the news.

"Does he hate his project all of a sudden?" Mia asked aloud.

"No, he doesn't. I'm sure he wants to go through with it one day." I replied.

"Then what makes him quit right now?" then her lips wrapped around the plastic straw so she could enjoy her juice.

"He has decided to work on himself. After everything he has been through, Harry realized he needs to talk to a professional about Peter's passing." I shared with her.

I knew talking about this to Mia was also therapeutic to me because the reason why Harry and I couldn't be together had something to do with him being unable to open up and cope with his emotions. Also, I was well aware of the fact Mia would keep all of this to herself. Despite her relationship with Logan, and her amazing friendships with Carter and Isaac, she wouldn't go behind my back and share this with anyone else.

"It's a good thing Harry is taking this route." she voiced.

"I think so, too." I said whilst twirling the straw around. "It's never easy to ask for help."

"No, it isn't." Mia agreed sincerely when she held the door for me. We had made it on time - we were quite early; I guess we walked very fast for a change. This allowed us to keep the conversation going.

"Do we know what we want to do tonight?" I questioned her when we walked to the escalator. "Carter hasn't planned anything yet, has he?"

"Not that I know of." Mia said. "Two weeks ago, I asked him about his birthday plans but he just shrugged and said it didn't bother him whether we would celebrate it or not."