chapter 74 - more time

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 74 - more time

"You look stunning, Liz." he said, lovingly.

His words made me blush. "Thank you." I came closer and cupped his face before bringing him near to me, so I could put my mouth on his.

The kiss was short but sweet.

We had called a cab to take us to the restaurant because we wanted to drink wine without having to think about who would drive back.

Once we arrived at the restaurant, Harry opened the door for me and we were greeted by one of the employees. He politely guided us to our table and lit the candle before leaving us be.

A waiter arrived to take our orders shortly after. Before we were ready to decide what we wanted, we went through the wine they served. Harry and I pretended to have any knowledge about the bottles they offered us before we asked the waiter to recommend a wine to us. Of course, we chose his suggestion.

This was our first romantic dinner by candlelight and the intensity of the flame showed me his face perfectly. To be surrounded by candles mostly does make the atmosphere swift – in a good way, obviously. This was more intimate than any other place I had ever been.

The way he sat opposite of me and looked drop-dead gorgeous, I regretted not being able to take a snapshot of this moment. However, in my mind, I'd always have the memory of what he looked like and how much love I felt for him.

The food and wine were great, but my company was the greatest part of tonight.

It didn't matter where or when we were together because there was so much to talk about.

"How were you as a kid?" Harry asked, putting his glass down.

"Well, I was very obedient." I started and quickly swallowed the delicious meat we had ordered. "I didn't want to get into fights or break the rules. I loved to play board games with friends and family, but I could be a sore loser at times. I had quite a lot of toys, but I mostly played with my dolls in my bedroom and stay there for hours. I sometimes think that was when I began to come up with stories and create imaginary worlds." I said while my chin was resting on my hands. "How about you?"

"I was quite the opposite." Harry told me with a smirk. "I hardly listened to anyone. I always wanted to do whatever I pleased and I hated when someone was in my way. The thing is, no one liked my rebellious behavior but they couldn't stop me whenever I used my dimples to win them over."

"That's just unfair!" I said, protesting.

"It's a very smart move, Liz! You don't want to know how many times I got away with it by just showing my adorable smile."

"Even as a kid, you were full of yourself."

"Having a bit of confidence isn't a bad thing." he protected his actions. Harry slowly reached for his glass again. "The only person who I listened to was my grandfather."

"Really?" I asked."

"Without a doubt." Harry answered me back.

The waiter passed our table and refilled our glasses. We thanked him and continued talking.

"While many adults had a soft spot for me, I had a soft spot for my grandfather. If there was somebody I didn't want to annoy it was him. So when my parents started to notice I was behaving normally when my grandfather was around, they thought it was a clever move to send me to him daily." he added, his voice had trailed off.