chapter 73 - our getaway

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 73 - our getaway

I listened to Carter and went away with Harry. We agreed to get away for four days, so we would be back in time because there was a meeting scheduled with my editor. This would be the first time I would see her in real life, which was sort of nerve-wracking. Besides Logan, Sasha had a very important role in getting this novel finished on time. In our emails, which we send each other daily, she seemed friendly.

But as Harry and I had escaped New York City, I wasn't going to stress myself out. I wanted to enjoy every minute we had together because the chances of this happening again was very low.

As we were on the road, we chatted about everything and nothing. Harry told me he hadn't been away with anyone – not even a friend – for years. He had been so focused on making a name for himself, he hadn't taken some time off. The only time he had taken a break from shooting videos, was when he was in California for his grandfather's funeral. Something he began to talk about more frequently than when it had all just happened.

Harry's decision to talk to a professional had paid off. Even if he had already gone through an amazing transformation, he still intended on seeing his therapist regularly.

To Harry, it was the perfect way to cope with his feelings when it was getting too much. Yes, he talked to Dylan and I more candidly but he didn't want to burden us with everything. That's why his therapist was there to catch him if he was feeling overwhelmed.

I truly admired him for getting help, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. But I saw a change in him and I felt overjoyed as I got to see it happening before my eyes instead of hearing it from others.

It was a long drive before we reached the place where w were going to stay. I had no idea if we were going to stay at several motels or stick to one hotel room, but my expectations didn't match with the reality I was living in.

The second we rode on a very long driveway, I knew we wouldn't be staying at a hotel or a motel.

At a slow pace, a beautiful modern house appeared in front of us. Harry had rented an entire house for the two of us.

"Holy shit. It's huge." I said when he parked in front of the entrance.

"It's definitely bigger than the images online." Harry responded as he shut the engine off. "What do you think?" he asked, turning to me.

"This house looks incredible, Harry."

"Let me show you the inside because it's even better than the outside." Harry told me excitedly.

We got out of the car but decided to keep our luggage in the trunk. First, we were going for a tour around our temporary home.

Harry took his phone out of his pocket when we reached the front door. I thought Harry would look for a key, but he used his phone to unlock the door instead. I was left stunned.

"Did you just open the door with your phone?" I asked.

A smile crept on his face. "Yes, I did!" he beamed. His excitement matched the enthusiasm of a young boy. "They send me a QR-code after I booked our stay. Apparently this is safer than a key."

"Why does it feel like this only happens in America?" I said.

"Wouldn't surprise me if that's true." Harry replied. "Let's see what's inside." he added and I followed him.

When we entered the house, we were both blown away by the high ceilings and the technology inside of the house. But besides the modern look of this house, it did feel very cozy in here. The owners of this place had taken their time to decorate it in such a way, it would make you feel at home instantly. So I smiled as I was walking around with Harry, our hands softly intertwined.