When I reached the door to the throne room, Lilith was leaning against the door. I furrowed my eyes to her as I clenched my fists until my knuckles are white.

How brave of her to show her face to me. She must’ve known by now that I already know everything she’d done.

I inhaled deeply trying to calm myself down.

“Step aside.” I warned her.

As much as I want to give Lilith what she deserves for trying to hurt Chevel, I only have an hour to finish my business with the king before the sunset.

I can’t waste any more precious time.

“Just like I guessed.” Lilith said with a devilish grin before stepping aside.

I glared at her for the last time before stepping into the throne room.

“Finally, you’re here. What took you so long?” Lucifer said with a huge smirk on his face.

“What did you call me for?” I asked straight to the point.

I have no time for his little chat time. I just want to go back to Chevel as soon as possible.

A lot of things occupied my mind; Dante acting weird and Lilith knowing that Chevel told me everything.

“You’ve got guts talking back to me like that.” He said as his eyes abnormally widened.

“But I like it.” He added licking his bottom lip creepily.

I sighed calming myself down as I furrowed my brows impatiently.

“I’ve called you here for one question.” Lucifer said and my jaw clenched.

“I’ve been up all night thinking about it. Now my question will be answered.” Lucifer said, his menacing grin getting wider each second.

I balled my fists as I glared at his bloody painted eyes. I can’t believe he called me all the way here for something that could've wait. As always, it’s just one of his selfish desires.

“Now now. Don’t get mad. It’s only you who could answer it.” He said crossing his arms.

I instantly raised my brow, wondering what could it be. The tense in my body faded away as I waited for Lucifer to just spit it out.

“Lilith told me that the human you’re keeping has silver hair?” Lucifer asked, a malicious smirk plastered on his mouth.

My heart suddenly sunk upon hearing his words.

So it’s all about Chevel.

The very last thing I wanted for him to know about.

It’s like a nightmare coming to life. I froze, unable to utter a word.

“Well?” Lucifer said tapping his fingers against the armrest of his throne, showing how impatient he’s becoming.

“Yes.” I answered with mixed emotions.

His smirk grew bigger and his eyes dilated as if he’s lusting for a feast.

Suddenly, I felt a painful throb in my chest.

Chevel.

It must be the ring. There’s no doubt.

“Your question is answered. I’m going.” I said as I bowed in front of him before walking hastily towards the door.

“Take her with you during the end of the month. I’d like to meet her.” Lucifer suddenly said, stopping me on my tracks.

I turned around almost immediately, my eyes widened as I stared towards him with a fiery glare. He squinted his eyes not liking the answer I’m giving him.

“You are my favorite but I'm still the king. You know what happens when you defy the king, Gyth.” He said and I flinched upon him saying my name.

I don’t know what it is about silver hair that interests the king. But I’m about to find out.

I stepped out of the throne room and then the thought of Lilith instantly made my blood boil. All the muscles in my body began to tighten.

I quickly turned around looking for Lilith and saw a silhouette by the corner. I can’t see her face nor her body but I’m sure as hell it’s her.

Of course she’d listen to my conversation with the king. She won’t miss it.

“You’d better not show yourself Lilith.” I blurted out through the hallway, knowing that she can fully hear what I’m saying.

“Or else you’re good as dead.” I said that echoed across the dark hallway.

I saw the silhouette flinch and that’s the signal for me to leave.

I’m done here.