17. HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I am. We're almost there," I told him.

"Oh okay, I'll wait for you at the entrance. Bye."

Before I could say anything, he hung up.

"I'm just curious. Why are you still talking to your ex boyfriend?" His question got me nervous.

"He's um, a friend of Bora. I don't want them to lose their friendship because of me."

"Yes, I know he's Bora's friend."

I bit my lip, not really wanting to go there. "We're civil already, isn't that what matters?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "unless one of you still has feelings," he mutters.

I turn to him to say something but I stopped and turned my head to look at the city lights.

"We're here," I announced and we spotted Lucas at the entrance.

"Why is he waiting for you?" He asked and I tried to give a response until he blurts out, "I get it, he's a friend of Bora." He said sarcastically then rolled his eyes.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked him when stopped the engine.

"What is wrong with me?" He asks back acidly before opening his door. He opened my door and we walk to Bora's entrance.

Lucas's smile disappears when he saw us and that's when I notice San's hand is wrapped around my waist.

"Hey."

"Hi, you look beautiful." I can feel my face burning before thanking him and guides us inside.

Unlike her previous birthdays, this one is too formal and elegant. I notice some of my business partners and some famous businessmen and businesswomen.

 I notice some of my business partners and some famous businessmen and businesswomen

"Finally!" I turned to the side to see my best friend. "I've been waiting for decades." I give her a bone crushing hug and pecks her cheeks before giving her my gift.

She also greeted San and took his gift. "You didn't have to, just coming here with Cheonsa is enough." She tells San with a wink.

San chuckles, "it'd be rude not to bring a gift for a friend."

They exchanged secret glances, making me confused.

"We left a seat for you with our high school friends' table over there." She mentions and points the table.

"They're here already?" I asked her and she nodded, "I'll see you guys later," she tells us before she leaves us as she spots her parents.

"Let's go," I dragged excitedly San by his wrist as I ran outside. "Wow, I feel betrayed. You're not even going to greet me?" I asked them with a hand on my hip.

The girls screamed and stood up to give me a hug but Hwayoung had his jaw dropped.

"You disappeared for a year! What's going on?" Sooyoung asked.

"Things happened." I replied shortly before giving them a kiss on the cheeks.

I look at Hwayoung, "aren't you going to give me a hug?" He stood up and wrapped his arms around me before twirling me around, making me squeal.

"You've matured but your height stayed the same," he teases when he puts a hand on my head.

"Hey!" I slapped his hand and gave him a glare.

"Ehem," we turned to her twin that eyes behind me.

I turn to San then to them, "oh yeah. I brought a friend. He's San."

"Hi," he greeted them and they offered us our seats.

"You're going to tell us a story later, Ms. CEO," Sooyoung whispered and she gave me a knowing look with Hana as they raise their eyebrows.

I sigh, "it's not what you think," I whisper.

"Oh really? Bora says so otherwise," Haneul replied.

"Girls really have their own world that we, men, don't understand , don't you think?" We turn to Hwayoung who raised his glass to San.

"Yes, they do." San raised his drink and their glasses clank.

"It's tough for us," San chuckles with his statement. The men turned to us and received death glares.

"Gosh, I was only away for a while and you guys are fighting now?"

~

EDITED: Sept. 9,2020