13. FAMILY

Author's

"Chungho-ah, I really love you. I will do anything for you, unlike Siyeon. I will break up with Sihyun right now if you want me to." The mentioned guy heard his girlfriend talking to his best friend. He knows she loves the guy inside the room than him but he still tried to capture her heart. He thought he did.

"Song Haneul, do you hear yourself? I can't accept your confession. Siyeon and I really love each other; you can't do anything to break us." Sihyun hid behind the wall when he saw Chungho going out of the room.

~

The brother looked for Chungho and spotted them outside. The couple is laying side by side on the grass while staring at the night sky. The guy asked the girl to stand up.

"Park Siyeon, I know it's too abrupt for me to kneel on one knee in front of you but will you allow me to spend your life with me?" She's covering her mouth with her hands while tears are forming. "I don't have a ring to put in your finger but I will make sure to get you one tomorrow."

She meets his eye level and put a hand on his cheek, "Chungho, you don't need to but my answer is yes." The guy chuckled and carried the girl and twirled her around. Both of them expressed their happiness with a passionate kiss.

When they pulled away, Sihyun immediately approached them. "You should leave somewhere far. Chunhee is getting angry and she forces her parents to arrange a marriage to your parents," he said, talking to Chungho. He immediately understood what he said but the girl was confused.

"Let's pack our things first and I'll explain." With that, Siyeon couldn't do anything but obey.

Siyeon distracted Haneul by seducing her in their room. In less than 10 minutes, they hailed a taxi and went to the airport. When the couple took their seats, Chunghee explained everything that happened to Siyeon. She's glad that Chunghee proved his love to her but she can't help but feel worried and betrayed about her friend. Haneul is like her sister but of course the other girl didn't think that way.

~

"Good morning," Siyeon greeted her husband. Chungo greeted her with a kiss, "good morning baby."

"Did you sleep well?" Chungho nodded then his hand crawled to his wife's big stomach.

"Is our baby girl giving you a hard time?"

"Sometimes but I can manage. She loves receiving affection." Siyeon replied with a tired smile.

"Well, we'll shower her with love when she goes out," they chuckle with his sentence.

Later that day, Siyeon's scream can be heard throughout the house. Chungho immediately dropped the papers on his table and rushed to the bedroom.

"My water broke!" She screamed in pain. Chungho carried her quickly to their car and rushed to the hospital.

~

It's been a week since the baby Cheonsa was born and she's been demanding for attention from her parents.

"Our little angel gets lonely, aren't you?" Chungho coos as he carries the crying Cheonsa to his arms. Siyeon follows after and sighed when the baby stopped crying.

She wrap her arms around her husband's waist and observed the baby. "She's beautiful."

"She looks like you baby," Chungho tells her. The girl blushed and gave her husband a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm going to cook downstairs," she says before leaving.

He's staring at his daughter with love then she panicked as he heard his wife's scream and gunshots downstairs. He laid the baby down and she started crying again. Nevertheless, he left her on the crib and ran to his wife.

Tears ran from his eyes when saw his wife on the ground in her own blood pool. He looked to the woman in front and saw Song Haneul holding a gun.

"What did you do?!" He cried. He held his wife's lifeless body and tried to hear her heartbeat but there's nothing. He was too late.

"Why are you here?!"

"Chungho, you need to wake up!" She laughed like a crazy woman. "Siyeon's dead. You're now getting married to me."

"Never!" He yelled then he hears his crying child. He turned around and saw an unknown guy carrying his baby.

"You don't want to marry me?" She asked. The guy walked near to Haneul and she pointed a gun to the child's head while crying loudly, "then I think I need to shut up this baby, too. She will be reunited with her mother."

"Please don't," he pleads. "What do you want?" He asks after so much hesitation.

"Now we're talking," she says as she hides her gun. "You're going to marry me because you're now technically a widower. Don't worry, I'll take care of your child as my own. That's our promise, right? To take care of each other's child. I will fulfill it." Chungho's tears couldn't be stopped. He just lost his wife and his child doesn't know who her mother is.

~

"Daddy!"

Cheonsa yells in her sleep, waking up with the dream she just had. Her tears flowed as she recalls everything. She turned to Mr. Park who's still in a coma and held his hand when she took the seat beside him.

"Uncle, why did she do that? What else do you want me to know?" She asks then she kisses his hand and puts it on her cheek when she laid her head on the bed.

~

"Hongjoong, how many more do you need?"

"5, Father."

"That's good. You'll obtain more strength when you reach 100." The young released a grin and nodded.

"How about you Seonghwa?"

"I still need to have 10 more."

And this went on until San's name is called.

"San?" He asks.

"6/100."

Everyone turned to him with confusion or surprise. "Are you kidding me?" The older guy asks.

San responses with the same serious look and tone, "no."

The other guy scoffs then threw a hand to San's cheek, making his brothers gasped or widen their eyes.

"I should've known," he whispers, "you're not taking this seriously."

"Really, father? I think I'm the one who's very serious about this job." San replies with a smirk.

"6/100? SAN?! You're serious about that? How many weeks has it been since you made the deal? 2 weeks?!" The young ones can see their father's outrage because of the black veins and eyes slowly appearing.

"I know I'm doing my job well especially with helping the universe just like you told us to. Heck I'm even doing better than Wooyoung."

Lucifer turned his head to the said name whose head is hung low. He approached him fast, "Wooyoung, report now!"

He gulps his own saliva before responding, "no one signed yet," he says in a low voice.

Lucifer didn't do anything but sigh. He couldn't hurt his favorite son and San clearly knows that. Wooyoung is his favorite and he's just a mischievous and irresponsible son to him.

"Don't worry, you'll finish it in no time." San raised an eyebrow and takes a deep breath.  He's used to it now, hiding his emotions very well. When Lucifer's done checking everyone, they're dismissed and went to their own rooms in the dark castle but San rushed to the human world.

He landed on the top of the building wherein he can take a look on his little angel. Despite his fast beating heart, he can feel himself getting calm when he sees her. He wants to see or hold her close always like a magnet that attracts each other unconsciously but she's his last mission and he didn't want to disappoint anyone in the family anymore.

Little did he know, the girl is looking for his warmth, too.