15. THE FRIEND AND THE EX

An update to celebrate the birthday of our lovely SANshine ^.^

~

Cheonsa's

"You scared me," I told him when San opened the door unannounced. He sighed in relief and went inside my office.

"I thought you're gone. You're not in your room."

"I'm just rereading the information that uncle gathered." I tell him.

I heard him chuckle, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "You started calling Mr. Park your uncle after knowing the truth."

I reply a chuckle and a nod to him. "Well isn't that what I'm supposed to call him since the beginning?"

He chuckles again as he approaches my side and leans closer to look at the information I'm reading. I feel my face burn with the close distance we have. I cleared my throat and avoided his gaze.

"I will meet up with a friend today."

"What time?"

"We will meet for lunch."

He just nodded and stood straight. "Let's eat breakfast first. I'll help you sort that out later."

~

"Are you meeting a friend or are you going on a date?" He asked grumpily.

I looked down to my dress and then back to them, "am I overdressed?"

They open their mouth to say something but only Yeosang had the courage to talk. "It's fine. San's just upset you didn't allow him to go with you."

"I am not!"

I turn to him with wide eyes. When he looked at me, he lowered his head again, pouting and playing with the stuff toy he stole from me. Wooyoung and Yeosang released a grin as they look at each other but quickly put on a blank face in case San might see them.

I released a smile, "don't worry. I'll call if something happens," I said before walking away to the garage.

"Take care, Cheonsa!" I waved at them before I hit the road. Beside Wooyoung is San who is still pouting while hugging the stuff toy and beside San is Yeosang, also waving at me with a wide smile.

~

"Choi Bora," I called as I saw her enter the door.

She turned to me and immediately ran to greet me with a hug. "Oh my gosh! Where have you been? You didn't contact me for a year." She said glaring.

"I'm sorry, I was... busy." I released an awkward chuckle. I gasped when I saw the guy I avoided since after graduation.

She tuned around and bit her lip. "He's my assigned partner. I'm sorry I forgot to inform you."

"Hey, that's okay. It's in the past," I told her.

"Yes, the history that I always go back to." My breathing got heavy when he started a conversation.

"Okay, so shall we take a seat and order? I'm starving right now." Bora said to cut the awkward tension.

~

"How's Mr. Park?"

I released a cough and got a tissue to wipe my mouth.

"He's in a coma." I said hesitantly.

"What? What happened?"

"We were in an accident. Uncle did his best to save us."

She widens her eyes, "so you know about it already?"