2. THE DEAL

Author's

"She's mine," he said to his friend, "don't you dare steal her from me. She can help me finish my task."

"She can help both of us. Why don't we take turns?"

He gritted his teeth, "no, she's only mine," then left his friend to go to the girl's room.

~

Cheonsa's

"If you need something, you know where to find me," Mr. Park said as he is still standing in front of me. I gave him a nod while still thinking about my visit to my relatives next week.

"Good night, young miss," he said with his signature sweet smile.

I returned the smile, "good night, Mr. Park."

You're not a bad person, dear. They just misunderstood the whole situation and they didn't know the truth.

I tuck myself in bed and took a sigh as I made my decision.

~

"Chunghee-ah, what are you doing?" I approached my brother to his study table.

"You shouldn't have done that, noona," I got confused with his remark. "You shouldn't let people step on you. They're taking advantage of you."

"I can't do it, you know I can't."

"Then why did you take over father's business?" I was surprised when he raised his voice at me. "Chunghee-ah, are you okay?" I asked when I already saw him crying.

"Noona, I'm going to hell," he sobbed. "I'm sorry, noona. I did all the bad things I could think of when I was still alive. I did it to take revenge for you." I hugged him and I couldn't stop myself from crying, too.

"Why would you do that for me," I asked him. "Because they deserve it and you wouldn't dare to do it, I did it, noona. I'm sorry."

"You promised we will meet in heaven. How can we do that when you're already in hell?"

"I deserve to be in hell, noona. You are a really good person and you deserve to be in heaven. Don't follow me here." His plans of revenge must be the reason why he's in there. Chunghee is a good boy; he doesn't deserve to be in hell.

"Noona, continue being a good person so you won't get in here. Hell is a dangerous place, promise me okay?" He let out his pinky finger and I have no other choice to accept it.

~

I was sweating hard when I opened my eyes and take quick breaths as I woke up from my dream. It was just a dream.

"Hello, little girl," I looked at my side and saw San. I quickly push myself as I sat up and covered myself with the bed covers then I heard his deep chuckle. "Still afraid of me?" He asked but he didn't get any response from me.

"What are you doing here? I told you that I wouldn't make a deal with you."

"And I am here to be a hard-headed devil," he said as he stood up. "I read your mind and you are thinking of a way how to get your brother to heaven." I stared at him and he gave me a smirk after he shook his head. "I told you I can grant you any wish you want," he said while getting near me.

He lowered his upper body in front of me and whispered to my ear, "I can grant you the wish to help your brother go to heaven."

I gasp and covered my mouth.

"If you will help me with my mission," San said seriously.

"Are you sure? How will you do that?"

"I can ask my father to take your brother to heaven but he needs to pass the test to enter it." He answered.

"What kind of tests? Are they hard?" I asked when I look at him walking around my room.

"You really have the habit of asking many questions, don't you?" He asked as he looked at me. I bit my lip and turned away from his eyes, "they will just weigh his good deeds and bad deeds. I'm pretty sure he has done a lot of good deeds compared to his bad ones."

"Yes, I'm sure. I always remind him about it," I said seriously.

"Then," San started, "do you want to ask that one for a wish?"

If this is the only way to save my brother's soul, I would gladly do it.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath, "okay, I'll do it."

San let out his victory smile as he sat in front of me. A paper appeared in front of him and showed the contents to me.

I, Lee Cheonsa, will help Choi San accomplish his mission by doing 100 deeds for the sin, anger. My wish is to ask Choi San take my brother to heaven.

Lee Cheonsa

"Wait, I need to get angry for 100 times?" He nodded at me. I had second thoughts but I realized I was doing this for my brother. I released a sigh and looked at him, "where do I sign?"

"I need your blood to conceal it," San said. I took out my hand and he gave me a small cut on my palm.

"Ow," I whispered and suddenly, tears were forming in my eyes when I remember my past experiences with wounds and blood. He looked at me with a smirk, "sorry babe, I forgot you're not used to this." I looked away and swallowed the heavy liquid in my throat.

There's smoke when my blood dropped on the paper. A few seconds later, my blood is already dry.

"Here," he held out a band-aid and I took it while curiously looking at him. He gave me a look and we had a staring contest but I gave up in the end.

I stood up to get the ointment. I applied a little and I was having a hard time putting the band-aid on my wound. I was surprised when San took the band-aid and my hand. He gently put it on my wound and gave it a light kiss that magically removed the sting.

"Thank you," I said and he gave me a genuine smile then he wandered again in my room, specifically looking at the picture frames on the shelf.

"Is this your brother?" I saw him holding the picture of a young Chunghee wearing my pink dress. I chuckled after I approached him and saw the picture, "yes. It never failed to make me laugh."

"Why is he wearing a dress?" San asked me, the delight in his voice was obvious.

"I was bored when my parents told me to take care of my brother, " I said reminiscing that day. "I took out all my make-up and she looked like me when I was at his age so I brought out that dress. It's my favorite. He looked really pretty so I took a picture and showed it to my parents but," I stopped when I remembered what happened.

"But?" I looked at San who is waiting for an answer. I shook my head, "it's nothing. Forget about it."

Awkward silence filled us after that. San returned the picture to its rightful place and walked to the window again and opened it.

"We'll start tomorrow," he said but I stopped him.

"How will we do it?"

"I'll be watching you all the time," his statement gave me shivers then he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm not going to watch you take a shower. I will still give you privacy but expect me to appear suddenly at certain times." I nodded but I couldn't hide the blush that crept on my face. He gave me a wink before saying 'goodnight' and just like before, he disappeared like thin air.