Chapter 9 - "It's Courtney"

Sapphire's POV

After our, thankfully uneventful arrival yesterday, I went straight to bed after being shown my room. I was emotionally drained from putting on that act yesterday.

The males held a meeting to discuss all of the details and I was asked to attend but elected not to, Chase understood.

Today we would be starting training; most experienced starting at 8 ending at 10, then the ones with some experience starting at 10 ending at 12, and then the newbies starting at 1 ending at 4.

I woke up at 7, and took a quick shower, and got dressed, wearing a black Nike sports bra and black leggings that stopped at my knees. After drying my hair and putting it up in a messy bun, I went down to grab something for breakfast, praying I wouldn't see Jesse or Cameron.

Luck was NOT on my side.

"Sapphire, I-"

At least I got the lesser of the two evils.

"Save it, brother." I said coldly to my brother. Marie just glared at me.

He tried to say something, but I ignored him and walked over to the refrigerator. I grabbed a vanilla yogurt and some fruit.

Sitting down on one of the stools by the counter, another scent flooded the room.

An axe mixed with woods scent: Cameron.

I quickly finished my yogurt and ran up to my room.

Realizing I still had 15 minutes until training and not wanting to face either males again, I decided to start reading. Pulling out my iPad, I started reading, "What the Alpha Says...Goes". (A/N: Actual book on Wattpad, boyxboy theme, I recommend)

"Laken, you fool." I mumbled, "Why are you following a white wolf into the woods? You're an alpha's mate for goddess's sake."

10 minutes later...

"SAPPHIRE!" A voice bellowed, Travis.

"COMING!" I screamed right back, I wiped my eyes and made my way out the back patio, ignoring Jesse yelling my name.

Outside, there was about 50 wolves, most of them looking to be in their 30's, with a few in their early 20's.

"We are training wolf on human. Everyone grab a partner of the same sex. One change to their wolf the other stay human, later we will switch. Travis and I will come around and observe. Any bloodshed will result in a penalty." I yelled to the group.

"Begin!" Travis yelled after everyone got a partner.

**Two hours Later**

"Great job everyone!" I said to the group, "Training, same time tomorrow."

"Everyone is dismissed," Travis said.

"Here you go." Stephen said, handing me a megaphone.

"Thank you." I said. Then speaking into the megaphone, I yelled, "Ten o'clock training in the field, now!"

Travis glared at me, "Was that really necessary?"

"Yup!" I said, popping the 'p'.

About 200 filed out of the pack house, including Stephanie and Courtney.

"We are going to be training in human form, start with 50 laps around the pack house. Now go." Travis yelled. Some started stripping down.

"Ah ah ah, he said we are training in human form, so you are running in human form." I added. They groaned and I smiled.

"Now chop-chop." yelled a new voice behind me, Chase.

After the run, everyone picked a partner. Of course, Stephanie and Courtney were together.

"Okay everyone we are going to spar. No blood, bruises or breaks." I yelled as everyone finished grabbing a partner.

"Any questions?" No one raised their hand, "Start."

**After all training, 4:00**

"Everyone shift back! Great job today, relax until supper at 6." Travis yelled.

Right after everyone left, I groaned and fell on the grass. "I am exhausted."

Travis fell next to me, "I second that."

We sat there for a few minutes in comfortable silence, until he broke it.

"You know you're going to have to talk to him."

"Yeah I know," I sighed, "I just want to avoid him for a while."

"That's understandable," He stood up, "I'm going to go find Ana."

I stood up, 'I should go find Steph and Chase' I thought to myself.

Steph? Chase? I called through mind-link.

Stalking, leave me alone. Steph said. I laughed.

Who ya stalking? I asked.

My mate. He said, closing the link.

I shrugged it off and went to Chase's room. He looked like something from "The Walking Dead", hair everywhere, puffy, red cheeks.

"Saph, I found my mate." He whispered.

"Then why are you crying?" I said, softly, sitting next to him.

"It's Courtney."

-----------------A/N--------------

This chapter probably has the least amount of changes to date.

Thanks for reading!

Em