Ending Scene |pjm

'Stay with me' of Goblin suggested to listen while reading

Loud honking enveloped my hearings. As I finally couraged up to open my eyes and glanced to my left, I stiffened. Bright headlights bedazzled me and I remained there suspended.

"Raemin?" my sight finally got comfortable as the car headlights now switched off. I spotted Daniel amble to me with a concerned expression.

Feeling so terrified, I broke down right there. "Hey, hey. Are you alright?" He calmly whispered, gently placing his hands on my shoulder and taking me to the side.

"D-daniel, I-I'm j-just the worst!" Tears streamed down my eyes, overwhelming emotions confusing me.

"Shh, you're not. Raemin, you're just confused." Daniel smiled lightly. "Here, I'll help you ease your mind. I'll ask you a few questions and you lend your mind to your heart? Don't pressure yourself to think about anyone." He softly murmured and I nodded, sobbing uncontrollably.

His crystalline voice resounded. "Who's the first person you are the most grateful for?"

I did as he told and images of Jimin immediately surged through my mind. When I had stained my skirt, without a heartbeat he had given me his blazer. Wrapping his coat around me securely and carefully, telling me everything would be alright.

Daniel continued. "Who's the first person you want to apologize to?"

As soon as I heard the question, my heart tightened. There were a thousand things I wanted to apologize to him for. Leaving him so vulnerable like that.

Tears came out of my eyes but Daniel however continued. "When was the scariest moment that comes to your mind?"

When I saw him with Jungrim earlier and he had run to the rooftop. Subconsciously, Jimin appears in my mind once again. I was terrified. I wanted nothing more than to secure him, to make sure none of the tears ever lasted in those shining angelic eyes of his.

"What's the best luck in your life?"

When mom wasn't there, Jimin had helped me, let me live with him, took care of me. When I was dying in my misery, he stood right behind me and appeared as my backbone. There were countless times when I had no luck but only Jimin. Jimin was my luck.

Daniel's voice withered back as the last question hit me like a river, squashing right through my mind. "Are you in love with someone?"

All the hugs, silly talks, teasings, gossips, smiles, kisses, and tears flashed like a photo booth right in front of my eyes. It was...Jimin all along.

It was always him.

"It was always him!" I jumped up, rubbing my tears hurriedly. Daniel in return only gleamed, "Now go before it's too late."