Chapter nineteen

Lillian still sat on the floor, the glass surrounding her body. She moved her hands away from her tanned face, reveling her blue eyes as she looked at the mess she created before looking at her hands. The cut from the day before was still visible as the golden shimmer lingered over them. She slowly got up from her spot, grabbing the first picture frame and concentrating, letting the glass return to it's rightful place. she chuckled at herself, hanging the frame back up before lifting her hands up to her waist, looking at the room as it cleaned itself up again. 

She chuckled as she took the dagger into her hands, finally realizing that the person both her and Rumple had been looking for for decades was actually herself. She stared at the dagger as it all finally made sense, the reason why she and Rumple got along so well, why she was summoned every time he was. Every time he was summoned, she followed. Not because she was bound to him, but she needed to protect him, him and the dagger. ''The river of lost souls...'' She gasped in realization, her mind going back to Neverland. 

----------------

Lillian moved around camp, Henry ran towards her, grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

''I need to talk to you.'' As his voice turned into a whisper, he smirked. ''My moms are here. Alongside Mary Margret, David and Hook. They are here to get us away from this.'' Lily smiled as she pulled him into a hug, whispering into his hair.

''I told you ... Your family always finds each other.''

''Not my family Lillian. OUR family.'' She smiled, turning back to pan, she saw him playing his pipe. But for once, she was unable to hear it. 

----------------

She bit her lip in hesitation before turning back to Robin. ''I might have a plan ... but I might die because of it.'' She turned her head to the sign. 'lost souls.'

''Lillian, you're not thinking - ''

''I AM a lost girl. Maybe ... it won't affect me at all.'' 

----------------

She hadn't been able to swim through the river because she was lost, she hadn't been lost for quite some time, it was because she was the guardian. ''How did I not see it before?'' She couldn't believe her own ignorance, there had been so many signs. 

----------------

Neal looked at her, frowning at her words. ''Than why didn't you?''

''He wanted me at the shop. If Cora were to become the Dark one, I was the only one who even stood a chance against her. I've been learning from the dark one and he always said I was almost as strong as he was.'' As she stopped talking he grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

''And?'' She gulped, swallowing past the lump in her throat.

''I ... I was also supposed to get rid of the problem if the poison didn't do it first ... anything to stop Cora from becoming the Dark one.'' His jaw opened as he looked at his little sister who gave no sign of emotion as she turned back to the clock tower.

----------------

It was so easy, she would have killed Cora to protect the dagger, to make sure that it would be safe, safe with her. All the lives she had saved, anyone would have died after what she had done ... but she didn't ... because she wasn't ready to stop protecting the dagger. 

----------------

As she took over the brand, she stared at her own hand. As her own breathing became faster, she heard Neal's turning into a normal pace. He was going to live, she knew it. But she herself, she was too weak. Pulling Peter and Malcolm apart, and now helping Baelfire ... her magic was too weak to support herself. 

----------------

Her head snapped up to the door creaking open, the dagger still in hand as she turned on her heal, staring at Peter who stopped in his tracks. His green eyes darted to the dagger in her hand, frowning at her as he walked closer to her. ''Everything alright, love? You look like you've seen a ghost.'' He pointed at the dagger, his eyebrows furrowed together as he did so. ''Didn't you lose that? How did it end up here?'' 

Her mouth hang slightly open, not sure what to say to him. ''I -- I think that -- that I'm,'' her hand gestured to herself, just above her ribs. ''I'm the guardian.'' 

The two of them sat at the couch, Lillian trying to explain the signs they had all missed before moving on to tell him about how she found the dagger before trashing the entire room they were sitting in. ''When you say it like that ... '' He tilted his head to the side for a short moment as his mouth too opened up. ''Lily ... you've been looking for this person almost half your life.'' 

''And he had found me when I was eight ... '' She chuckled at the inconvenience, Peter joining her as they looked at the dagger. ''I suppose I should go find Rumple ... tell him what we figured out.'' 

''He does deserve it a bit.''

''Just a bit?''

''Okay, he deserves it a lot.'' She chuckled as she cupped his cheek with her hand, bringing him into a sweet kiss as she rested against him , his hands traveling to her waist as he pulled her closer, a smile tugging on his lips as they both pulled back, he stared into her blue eyes, it was always the thing he adored the most about her beauty. He walked her to the door, pulling her coat onto her as she left with another peck on his lips, quickly trying to go and find her father. 

She arrived at the station, the dagger tucked into her bag as she walked into the station, walking directly towards Weavers office. His head turned to her, a smile on his lips as he went to greet her, but before he could, she threw the dagger onto his desk. His eyebrows furrowed together as he pursed his lips in thought. His eyes snapped up to her, staring into her blue eyes that seemed to speak for itself. Now that he knew, it was obvious. He stood up, grabbing the dagger and turning it to her name, pursing his lips together again before putting it down, pulling her into his chest. ''Never had I thought that the one who was to protect it would have been you ... '' Lillian pulled back from him as she could hear his voice cracking. ''My own daughter.'' She let out a soft chuckle, tears forming in her own eyes as well as she pulled him back, her head resting in his chest. 

''Now that that is out of the way, I have some other news.'' He walked to his desk, opening the wooden drawer as he pulled out a small glass bottle with a see-through liquid in it. ''It is a dusk of memory potion I got from Nick's blood.'' He looked at her hand, her smirk growing onto her lips as she waved her hand, gold hovering over it as she enchanted it.  

Sorry for uploading late, being back in school is taken quite a toll on me, so sorry. I hope you still enjoyed this chapter though! I cannot wait for the last three episodes to start. It's so unreal to think I wrote seven seasons! I hope you enjoyed this chapter enough for a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. See you on Thursday!

-X Violet's-library