Chapter nine: Going home

''Peter, don't make me do this. We both know who will win this battle.''

''I never wanted you involved in this Lily ... and I do not want to battle you.'' Eyeing her up and down, he walked closer, handing his own hands to her. Taking his hands into hers, she leaned her forehead against his. 

Pulling back from him, she pursed her lips together. ''But I can't let you hurt them.'' Throwing her hands up, she send his into the wall. Groaning, he turned to see her eyes fully red. No longer Lily but The Dark Lilith she was unable to be clouded by her emotions. 

She charged at him, grabbing his neck before throwing him hardly onto the ground. Knocking the air out of his lungs. As he coughed loudly, he locked eyes with her. Throwing her back, he got back onto his feet. 

''Lilith, wake up!'' Charging at him once more, she dug her hand into his chest. Their magic tickling under her hand. Their souls were still linked, closing her eyes, they turned back to their natural color. Turning back into Lillian, she looked at Peter. Shaking her head as she threw him into a wall. Making him fall unconscious. Grabbing Pandora's box, she looked at him one more time, she closed her eyes, disappearing in a cloud of purple smoke. 

--------Once upon a time--------

Lillian was working in the shop when she heard the mayor walk in. Walking to the front of the shop, she frowned at the woman. Walking to stand beside her father, he looked her way, putting an arm around her shoulders.

''I want a child Gold, and I need your help.''

''Well, I am flattered, but uninterested.''

''Not like THAT!''  As Regina shook her head, she rested her hands on the counter. ''I spent all morning talking to adopting agencies. The wait-lists are over two years long. But you Gold, you know how o cut through red tape. And if anyone can work the system, it's you.'' Pointing to the lawyer/pawn shop owner, she tried to intimidate him. 

''That's not how adoption works Mrs. Mayor.'' As Lillian now spoke up for the first time, the mayor turned to her. ''It's much more complicated. If you wish to adopt, you must care for him or her. It's a lot of pressure.'' Trying to explain what she herself had gone through in the adoption system, the mayor didn't seem to get the message. 

''How would you know?''

''In case you've forgotten, I'm not Mr. Gold's actual daughter ... '' 

''I'm sure you'll make a ... a mother of some sort. Ask yourself if this is something you are ready for. When you become a parent, you must put your child first. No matter what.''  As he moved his hand onto Lillian's shoulder, she smiled at him.  

--------Once upon a time--------

Appearing next to Neal, he turned to her tearing face. He pulled her into a hug as soon as he saw her. Crying into his shirt, she grabbed the fabric into her fists. As he waved his hand over her hair, she was finally starting to calm down again. Softly letting go of her brother, she stared at it. 

Moving his arm around her shoulders, he led her towards the rest of the group. Henry, now spotting his sister, ran to her. Hugging her closely as he smiled into her stomach. Looking back at the adults around her, she sighed.

''We have to go, he won't be knocked out for very long.''

''Tiger Lily.'' As she turned to look at the lost boys, she bit her lip. ''You have to take us with you.''