Chapter 26

James was right, there was a lot of people here! Megan's boat was even here which helped the amount of people grow. From the look of these buildings there doesn't seem to be enough room. Maybe that was why he had that weird look on his face when he came into my room before. Either that or it was because of my stunning good looks. I smile at the thought of that. I night doubt that though.

I look up and finally really notice my surroundings (besides the buildings and people.) There was trees surrounding all the building on one side. Then there was the glistening water that surrounded the other side. 

I turn around and take the box back from James. He looks at me shocked at first but then he must have realized who it was that took the box. "Your box?" He asks.

"My box." I start to laugh at how childish I sound.

"So we should probably get going. " James says.

At that moment I notice that we are both standing in the middle of the walkway. Many people are trying to get around us. 

"Sorry!" I say to all the people around me giving me dirty looks. 

I walk with James down the streets. The enormous crowd seems to grow with every step I take.  Its not just the crowd that grows. The noises of people laughing, screaming, and even crying tears of joy fill them. I can't help but smile at all the joy surrounding me.

**************************************

After walking for what felt like only a couple of minutes we come to this row of cabins. They are bigger than the ones we passed by earlier. These are only a little ways away from every other building, They are behind the others, closer to the trees.

As James and I walk towards the cabins Courtney comes out of the second one. She runs towards me with a peice of paper in her hands.

"Alice! Who did you get?" She says as she jumps on my back.

I groan,"what are you talking about? Also, get off of me!"

She gets off my back and continues,"well we are staying with other people from Megan's ship since there isn't that much room here. Isn't that great!?"

"Um not really. I don't feel like living with random strangers."

"You could get some hot guy!" She gasps," maybe we could have a double wedding!"

"Then you're staying with me!" James says automatically. There was a pause before he finished,"since you don't want to stay with a random stranger."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"If I wasnt sure I wouldn't have said it."

I look over at Courtney who gives me an encouraging smile."Maybe you will meet a cute guy in town!"

I smile back. James puts his arm around me."so I don't think you should go into the town...... Like ever." He says when Courtney leaves.

"Is someone jealous James?"

"Um no........ I'm just.. Um.... looking out for you. You never know who could be out there."

"Well it's a good thing I have you to protect me from all of those hot guys huh?" I wink at him but he obviously doesn't think it's funny."I'm sorry. You know that your the only hot guy for me." He smiles than kisses me on the cheek.

We walk into the cabin next to the one Courtney walked out of. Right when I get inside I drop the bags to the floor and set them next to the table in the center of the room.

"Where should I put those?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders,"don't ask me. I just got here." He drops the bags and sits on the couch.

I laugh,"okay then." I flop down next to him. I close my eyes. It's quite for a moment before I speak." I really want to see how this turns out."

"Me to." He whispers as he wraps  his arm around me once again.I keep my eyes shut."Do you want to come to a party with me later tonight?"

"Umm.... Yes!!."

"Sounds good to me." He tightens his grip around me.

I fell fast asleep immediately.

**************************************

"Wake up babe."

I groan,"no this is just a dream. I'm still asleep."

"That's very logical. Now,wake up."

"No"

"Why are you always asleep?"

"Because I'm tired. Now shhhhhh." I say holding up my pointer  finger in the air.

He sighs and picks me up. I gasp at the sudden rise of evaluation. "Dammit James!"

I finally open my eyes and he puts me back down. "Your a freaking jerk!" I throw a pillow at him.

He catches it,"well good morning princess. Also, nice aim."

"Thanks. Are we going to that party tonight?"

"Yes."

I grab my bag with my clothes and I go upstairs. Finally finding the bathroom I change into shorts and a simple t-shirt. I put my hair up in a messy bun. That's the first time I actually wanted to wear it up in a bun. I put on some flip-flops and head down stairs.

Right when I take a step I hear clapping. Erick and Courtney are standing at the bottom of the staircase with James. "How did you get in here?" I ask

"Well hi to you to," Erick says.

"Hi.... but seriously, how did you get in here?"

"Relax princess, I let them in." James says.

"So are we just going to just stand here?" Courtney asks.

I grab a hoodie and put it on. I step outside. It's a lot colder than I thought it would be. The tree branches blow in the wind, causing a almost spooky affect.

While James and I keep walking, Courtney and Erick are acting like idiots behind us. I turn around fast before they could see me staring at them. James  obviously notices me. He smile at me,"just remember. No matter what you will always be related to them."

I turn around and gesture to them "How is that supposed to make me feel better about.....that." I say gesturing to both of them.

He laughs,"never said it would princess."

I punch him in the arm. "Not cool."

"Okay okay I'm sorry....... For making you realize that you are stuck with them for the rest of your life."

I laugh,"I know how weird they can be at times. Just look at Courtney, she is doing jumping jacks now. Wait why is she doing jumping jacks? Okay that's not important, but my point is that they always will be my family and I'm going to have to deal with those idiots."

He looks me in the eyes and whispers ,"I think that's one of the reasons why I'm completely falling for you."

I gasp sarcastically,"James, did you just admit you are falling for me?" I ask

"I think I just did."

"I think that the fact you  except my imperfections is one of the reasons why I'm falling for you to."

"What imperfections?" He says before leaning down and kissing me.

Erick clears his throat and I hear Courtney go,"whoa".

We pull apart and I can feel my face getting red.

"When did this happen?!" Courtney asks.

"Yeah, I would like to know myself?!" Erick says looking James straight in the eyes.

I clear my throat,"Surprise!"