Chapter 4

When I finally get to school I enter the door.... Alone. This is my second year of collage. We are only 19 but  Courtney and I skipped a grade. I head down the halls. a lot of people are missing. It's probably because of the boats. Everyone thinks that since they are here that everyone is in huge danger. I highly doubt that theory.

All morning all of my classes were getting smaller and smaller. My ancient arts class  only had three people in it! Well actually that's not surprising because it's ancient arts, but I still find it interesting.

When I went to my last class there was nobody in it! I go to a small collage in a small town, usually there is only a few people in it but this time I was the only one. The teachers weren't even here. Not even Courtney who had the same class as me. I decided to wait five more minutes then I'm leaving and going to get coffee or something.

Five minutes later I packed up my things. Then out of no where Courtney raced through the door. She ran over to me out of breath. her hair was messed up and her face was red. She was obviously  running. Wait Courtney doesn't run. This must be important.

She finally gains enough energy to speak,"there here!"

I roll my eyes and talk,"yeah Courtney, I already figured that out remember this morning I found out the pirates were here."

She is still out of breath but I can understand her better now, " no, there on land and they are destroying everything!"

"What," I say.

I have heard rumors about them going on land a couple towns over but I didn't think it was true! They have never gotten to the land. Well no wonder every one wasn't here! It just depends which group are here.  There is one that kills anything in there path and one who only fights when needed to. That doesn't really madder now, we just need to get out of here.

"Crap!" I say,"where's Erick?"

her breathing had finally gotten back to normal, thank god. "Remember, he had that job thing today," she says

I grab my purse and Courtney's arm and run out the door.

I try to explain the plan while were running," ok, run to the market and hide in the old house on the corner and wait there for me. They won't go in it because it's falling apart. I'm going to get Layla and see if Erick's back home."

Her face looks pale but she finally speaks," but the house is over two miles away and there is no way to get there expect for running."I take one more deep breath before speaking," then I'll run. You need to run the other way. don't stop for anything. I'll meet you there."

We are at the main doors. The very place that we need to go are separate ways.

" It's now or never," I say.

She nods her head and she goes right and I go left. Not knowing if that's the last time I'll ever see her. Not knowing if ill make it back alive.

I'm running as fast as I can down a barren street and Iall of a sudden I'm falling. Falling to the ground hands first. I try to look up but it's to late. something hits me in the head and my vision goes black.

Suspense.....AGAIN!!!!!! Sorry guys but that's how I keep it interesting! The next chapter probably won't be as good but it will be very important!! Pay close attention because not everything is as it seems......*winks*

I sometimes think I have to much free time. *shakes head at self*