chapter 1

When I hear the ringing of my alarm I finally force myself to open my eyes. The first thing I see is my dresser made of stained wood. The next thing I see is my hard wood floors. When I look up I see my fan. I stare at it like every morning. It always spins around clockwise. It puts me in a trance-like state of mind.I keep staring at it until I hear a knock at my door.

"Who is it. " I ask drowsily.

"It's Layla." She starts, "Your sister is waiting for you Alice. "

Layla has long black hair. She always wears it in a braid. I wish I could wear my hair in a braid but for some reason mother and father dont like Courtney and I to wear are hair any other way than up in a bun. On special occasions we get to wear it curly, but that doesn't usually happen.

"Alice? Are you ok?" I hear layla ask.

"Umm yeah Layla,I'm fine. I will meet Courtney in a second. " I respond.

Alice, Alice Johnson. Just a normal girl.... Yeah right, I'm more like that socially awkward girl you saw sitting on the playground with just a few friends. Well I will always have my twin Courtney and my brother Erick. Speaking of Courtney I should probably get up and meet Courtney before we are late for breakfast.

"Cold!" I scream as I put my feet on the freezing floor.

I grab my plain white long dress and my black shoes. I finally walk across the hall to the bathroom were my sister was waiting. She looks up. The first thing I really notice is her eyes. Her eyes are dark brown just like mine. We both have brown hair with red highlights. Hers is shorter than mine but you couldn't tell because of are hair in buns all the time. Really the only way to tell us apart if you look at us really closely.

She is always wearing blue and I'm always wearing red,well when our parents are away. Our parents like us to wear simple colors. We have to do this every day! They say things like,"people now days just don't act lady-like do we should. " or, " you always have to look your best, and if your wearing jeans you can't do that. " I disagree with her so much! Shouldn't we at least try to be our selves in this world? I guess it doesn't madder to them.

Our parents are usually gone. I haven't seen them for about a year and a half. When they are home mother and father get drunk. They usually hit Courtney and me. I am stronger than Courtney (emotionally) so I take it hard but a lot less than Courtney. Erick had to pull them off of her. we were never aloud to call the police because it would spread around town. So Erick tries to protect us but Courtney is our main goal. She gets panic attacks because of this.even if she hears their name she starts to shake. This has only happened a couple times before,but with then you never know what version you are going to get. I get them worse though. I have been very careful not to let any one see me having these. It sometimes gets so bad that i just pass out and i can't remember what happened in the morning.It's just best if we all just try to avoid them at all cost.

"Happy 19th birthday Alison Johnson" she says with a smirk on her face, and waking me out of my thoughts.

"You to Courtney,"I start. "I really hate that name! "

Every one calls me Alice. not Alison. I don't know why, but I really can't stand that name. It seems so formal. Only my parents call me Alison.

She has one of those sinister grins on her face. She loves it when I get mad. One time when we were kids she stole my doll and blamed it on Erick. I got so mad that I stole one of his favorite lucky pens(He's a nerd). That's how our family tradition of tricking each other every May 23 came to be. We never really told anyone. Who could we even tell about this?

"Alice, did you hear me? " she says.

"No sorry, I was thinking about May 23" I say

She smiles at me."Here, I have something for you."I got Courtney something to but I'm planning on giving it to after school.

As I put my hair in a bun on top of my head she goes to the drawer under the sink. She pulls out a tiny box with a red bow on it.

I carefully unwrap the present. Inside the tiny box there is an even tinier snow globe. The snow globe is beautiful. There was a tiny plastic coral reef inside. Everything in it was different colors.

Ever since I could remember I have collected snow globes. Every year Courtney would get me one in secret because are parents wouldn't allow it. I would always hide them in a box under my bed. When my parents are gone I would take them out and put them out on my shelves all over my room. It's a really big box....

" Courtney, this is amazing," I start, " thank you so much. You really didn't have to do this."

She looks at me for a second." I have known you for 19 years now. Yes Alice, I did have to do this. I do it every year." She says.

"Thank you, its wonderful," I say.

I wipe the tears away from my eyes hoping that she won't see it. When I say this I mean it. This is the prettiest thing I have ever seen in my life. I really can't wait till I can put it in my collection.

"Um we should probably go down stairs. We can't be late. Mother and father might be flying in," Courtney says.

" Sure," I say," let's go see Erick."

Thank you so much for reading my first chapter of my first story. It means a lot. Till next..... bye for now♡♡♡