Chapter 16

I don't know how long I was asleep for but it was the best sleep I had in a long time.

Courtney is knocking at the door and yelling something, and that's what woke me up.

I look to my left at James who is awake now to.

"Shhh if you don't say anything maybe she will go away." He says.

I smile and I nuzzle my head into his arms again. I close my eyes, almost falling back to sleep.

"I am coming in Alice!"

She walks into the room and I just keep my eyes closed pretending like she isn't there.

"Is she sleeping?" She asks James.

"She was. Now I think she just has a head ache."

"Don't take this the wrong way but why are laying down without a shirt on, covered with bruises, and sleeping with my sister?"

I giggled but it was muzzled out my his arm. I don't think she realized what she said until after she said it because when I finally did open my eyes I noticed her face was bright red.

"No Courtney, we didn't sleep together we just slept together." I say.

Her face is still bright red but without saying a word she turns around and leaves.

James starts to laugh," that's one way to get rid of some one. Just tell them we just got done sleeping with each other."

"Ok, you know I didn't mean it like that."

"Unless you did."

He gives me a wink and I push him. He breaths through his teeth like he is in a lot of pain. Then I remember about his chest.

I cover my mouth with my hands," I am so sorry!"

He stops automatically once I say that,"calm down. I'm kidding."

I scrunch up my nose like I do every time this sort of thing happens.

"Your really cute when you do that."

I start to blush and look down. I can tell that he is smiling at me. I look up and he had a devilish smirk on his face. What is he planning?

For one moment I thought he was going to kiss me. Did I even want him to? I know I did but the real question I should he kiss me?

"I should probably go. I think I have heard my name being called like 12 times."

I felt kind of sad when he said that he was going to leave but I put on a smile.

"Be careful. You could have fractured something. You should probably see someone about that."

"I'll be fine Alice. I am going to see the doctor today just for you."

Just then I hear people calling for him.

"What would happen if they didn't have you?"

He laughs," they would be fine. They have you."

He whispers in my ear," I will see you latter okay?"

I smile,"okay, promise?"

"I promise." he kisses me on the cheek before he leaves sending chills up my spine and a huge grin across my face.

I lay there thinking about him and everything about him for like an hour before Courtney knocks on my door again.

She walks I'm the room with her hands over her eyes," is he gone?"