Chapter 18

Ok Alice what did you get yourself into now.

I say this with every part of me and I truly mean it. That girl scares the crap out of me! Something about her personality just gives me chills but, on the other hand she is the best person ever! God I hate people. I tell them this all the time. You would think they would get it by now!

When all three of us walk through the door to his office I feel a burst of cold air. I don't know if it was my imagination or if it was just the breeze from the open window.

The first thing Megan does is throw her coat off and plop down on the couch dragging me with her. Her black nails dig into my skin. I'm not sure if she meant to do that or not but, all I know is that I couldn't pull away.

When she finally let's go of my wrist she speaks," so, Alice I have been dying to ask you a few questions."

"Go ahead," I say cautiously.

She does that snake smile that James did the first time it met him.. The one I knew that he was planning something.

"How long have you been on board the ship?"

"About a week or two I think. It's kind have hard to keep track."

"Yes I know what you mean. When are father was captain I would have to stay here for a very long time. There would be absolutely nothing to do. Well almost nothing. I of coarse had to work on the ship. Like everyone."

"Work?" I say," what did you have to do?"

"Wait! He hasn't given you a job yet! How is that fair!" Megan says while looking at James.

He runs his hands through his hair," well no. I thought I would give her time."

"O hell no," I say," I don't want any special treatment."

"Really?" They both say in unison.

"Yeah, if I am going to be here in want to be like everyone else!. "

I grew up my whole life getting special treatment from everyone! I'm not going back to that!

"Why would you? Your not like everyone else, and that is the whole point of why we like you!" Says Megan.

"Well I'm really sick of people staring at me all the time. I though if I blended it more then maybe they would stop."

There was a long pause. I tried to figure out what every one is thinking about but it didn't work. There faces had mixed reactions to what I just said which could be a good thing and a bad thing.

Megan starts to shake her head," I really don't think this is a good Id-," she says before James cuts her off.

"Well, I think it's a great idea! You can start working in the kitchen tomorrow."

"Really, I can actually do something productive for myself!"

They both start to laugh at my excitement for doing a kitchen job. I would to but I am thrilled! I would have never even been able to think about this at home! Now I'm here! Now I can actually make something out of my life!

"When can I start?"

"Tomorrow morning. If you can handle it darling!"

"Sweetie," I say in a mocking tone,"I can handle anything!"

Hey guys. It's me!!!!!....... So I know it's been awhile but here I am. I have been pretty busy writing in my group account meg_alyssa_jen_reili.

This chapter is dedicated to my besties who put together the group account and given me ideas on the characters in this book. Randomthoughts720 , Megcottoncandy and finally reilij10

I know it was really short and I'm sorry about that but u really wanted to just get that part out of the way so I could get to something amazing!!