Chapter 14

I was in a deep sleep. I almost didn't wake up when Courtney came knocking at my door.

"Alice,wake up!"

"I rush over to the door and open it to find Courtney glaring at me.

"So you were sleeping!" She says.

"Yeah,what time is it?" I say very drowsily.

Courtney rushed in the room and says:"we have ten minuets!"

"Ten minuets till what?"

"Till the dinner we are throwing for you!"

"Crap!"

"I need to do something. I'll come get you in ten minuets!"

She rushes out the door before I could say anything else.

I sigh then I go over to the wardrobe. I pick out a red dress I have never seen before. it wasn't a sun dress but it wasn't fancy either. It had layers. there was black sparkles going spiral down the dress.

I wanted to take a moment to absorb everything but I remembers that I was racing towered the clock. I hurried up and I pulled a lipstick out of my purse.

Wait, I still have my purse!? It was all tattered up now. the strap looked like it was about to brake. I quickly pulled out everything in my purse. I found that coral snow globe and the gift I was meaning to give Courtney.

I put the tiny box on the desk and I sit down in a chair. That was the only thing that wasn't nailed to the wall/ground.

I start to do my hair. Since my hair is naturally wavy I really just had to comb it out.

After I put on my makeup I hear a knock at the door.

"I'll be right there!" I say.

I slip a black sweater of my shoulders and answer the door. Courtney is

waiting for me. she had a blue and black dress that looked very similar to mine. Mine was white and black but they had the same pattern.

"Nice outfit." I say.

"It must be that twin-telepathy thing."

Courtney has always believed in that. I don't think that's true at all.

"Yeah,sure. Let's go."

She takes my arm and wraps hers around mine then,we walk up the stairs. When I got to the main deck I finally found out how many people were here. There was like a hundred different people here. There was many tables around the deck but there was a big table in the middle. there was only two people sitting there. My brother and well I think you know who else.

I am really nervous for some reason. I don't know why. I'm the adventures one! I'm the rule breaker! I'm not the one who gets nervous about talking to people.. unless it's a huge crowd.

I'm guessing that Courtney could sense what I'm feeling because she grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. 'Stop being nervous," she whispers. she still has a smile on her face. she is waving to every one with her other hand.

"I'm not nervous."

"Yeah, right."

As we walk up to every one I keep my head down. I really don't like most people. I think they are all morons!! Some make me sad to breath the same air as them. The good news is that every one I have met hasn't made me mad (which is very surprising).

"There is the captain Alice."

I don't know why she said it like that but right now I have allot of more important questions.We walk up to him and he seems distracted. I really didn't think he noticed us until Courtney said something. I wasn't really listening until I heard my name. This is the same thing I did with every one else.

"Alice?" Says A voice

"O, sorry captian."

He starts to laugh like I said something historical.

"What I do?"

"It's just that you look so much like Courtney...and well she usually calls me idiot or moron."

"So what am I supposed to call you?"

"James."

"Ok then James."

James, hmmm. I surprisingly like it. It sounds tough but not overly tough. I always say you can tell allot about a person just from there name.

"Where's Erick," I ask.

He is not there any more. weird.

James and Courtney look at each other. Why does every one do that? It just makes me ticked off.

"He usually goes missing around this time, Courtney says.

"Wait!" I start," when were you on the ship? I thought it was just Erick!"

"I would skip classes, sneak out the windows in my room at night, steal the cars. Nothing to big."

Wait since when is stealing cars not big? Also, her room is on the 3rd floor.

"How did you....."

"It's better that you don't think about it to much."

"Well ok then."

a few more people came up and talked to me and I lost track of all there names.

People were eating and sitting at tables all over. I actually forgot to eat. With socializing with all the people and trying to find my brother it slipped my mind.

There was one thing that I noticed that stood out. James was staring at me all night..and I was staring right back at him.

I don't know what it is about him but I can't look away. Even after most of the people left our eyes still met.

I didn't look away until Courtney whispers something in my ear."so I see you and James hit it off."

I can feel myself blushing but I do my best to hide it. by the expression on her face it didn't work.

"I only met him like twice."

"Yet you haven't took that bracelet off the whole time. Plus you really didn't think I noticed him staring at you the whole night?"

I look down. She was right. I am still wearing that gold charm bracelet. I smile to myself thinking about how perfect it is.

"How did you know he got it for me?"

"Because I know everything."

She gives me a wink and then leaves. leaving me and and James just staring at each other from different sides of the ship. I smile at him and give him a little wave goodbye. He gives me a wink as I turned around and started to head back to my room. my head still racing and my stomach still turning. I can still feel him staring at me still. I keep my head down so nobody can tell my face is burning red."

I start to whisper to myself one word,"perfect."

Hey guys!! Did you like it? Sorry I haven't written for a while.:(. I have had a lot of big reports due and all my time has been going into that. Please vote and comment......bye for now. :)