Chapter 21

I run through the house as fast as I could.  Trying not to knock over anything , but I failed. I leap across the room to shut the blinds and the curtains.  In my attempts to shut the blinds I knocked over the tea set that always sits on the mantle. I never liked it anyways.

"Alice, what happened?!," he said while yelling over the loud crash of a vase falling to the floor. I never liked that either.

I start to pace back and forth, "Somebody is following me James!" 

"What!? Did they follow you back here?! Didn't you stay out of sight?!"  He asks.

"Yes I stayed out of sight! Also,I don't know if they followed me back here!" We are both practically yelling now.

"How could this have even happened?!"

"I'm sorry," I say," I can't believe this is happening

At that moment I hear a noise coming from out side. This can't be happening to me. To us! If any one finds out were here it would mean that we would get arrested. I would get out because knowing my parents they would post my bail. What about James? James would probably get the death penalty. He would die because of me.

He must have been able to tell what I was thinking , "You know is not your fault! If I didn't take you here we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place! "

"If I wasn't here, with you, this wouldn't be happening at all! " I look down at my feet just wishing that I didn't bring bad luck wherever I go! I just wish that things could finally go normality for me. At least for the ones I'm trying to protect, but I always seem to end up  hurting them.               

He shakes his head and takes a couple steps forward, " Alice, shut up. You know that isn't true! " His voice is calm now but mine is still very loud.

I ignore his last comment and keep going, " you know it's true! You know that everything I touch gets destroyed some how!"

He takes a couple more steps forward,"Alice shut up. "

I once again ignore his last statement," James I remembered things.  Remembered things from my past.  We left because of me! Because I screwed things up again.

"Alice," he whispers. At that moment I notice how close he is to me.

"James we sh-,"he cuts me off before I could finish. 

"Alice..... stop taking." He says before kissing me  on the lips.

The kiss only lasted a couple seconds but I wanted it to last forever. It felt so new but yet so familiar.            

When I open my eyes I am still pinned against the door.James is still staring at me. For a second I forgot everything that was going on. I was out of breath and so was he.  It was silent for the next minute until he finally said     something," I got you to be quite. "

"We weren't supposed to do that James. " I whisper.

"I know, but if someone did follow you I wanted to kiss you before-" he says, but cuts himself off.

"So what are we going to do? " I ask.

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

I give him another smile. He smiled back then kisses me again.

"Does this change anything?" He says.

"James, this changes everything. "

He smiles at me before he kisses me again which surprises me. What surprises me more is that I let him. I let all my problems be erased. I let my mind go blank. I let myself remember more that I had forgot. I broke down that barrier between my self and my mind. I remember everything that I went through with him. I remember growing up with Steph, but I'm still drawing a blank on my father.

I remember Erick being best friends with James and I remember when I was sixteen James kisses me. Then, Erick punched James in the face for kissing his sixteen year old sister  I also remember Courtney and I talking to Megan when she was freaking out about a date between her and Logan.... he is her husband now!

One time James saved me from drowning when I was like five. I  remember that even though he was three years older than me we were always best friends. I realized why he was starting at me that first night I was here. Why everyone stares at me, it's not because I'm different, it's because I know most of them. I know their families, their lives, and they know mine. I just can't think of anyone in particular though.

I pull away from James. He looks up at me confused but I am smiling like an idiot," I don't just remember the bad things. I remember growing up! I remember when you first kissed me and when Erick punched you in the face." I say happily

He rubs his jaw,"yeah, I remember that too."

I laugh and I don't stop laughing. I keep laughing and hoping this isn't the end for us. Our story just started.

Sorry it was so short.  I'll try to make the next one longer.  Thanks for checking it out.  It really means a lot to me.  I'll be writing soon but until then..... Bye for now♡♡♡