iii.

Louis had overslept Friday morning. By the time he was throwing on his slippers, it was six and he already knew that it was going to be a difficult day, especially since he had to go to classes at the local college and he knew that Zayn wouldn't be there.

He rushed to start his shower, still taking the time to fold his pajamas and didn't even bother to check the water's temperature. Turns out the water was very cold and sent a shiver down his back, but it soon warmed up and he was able to start washing his body and hair. He was still able to finish by his normal time, though he had to quickly dry off as he walked back towards his bedroom. The bus left at seven-thirty and Louis was worried that he wouldn't make it time so he whipped up a quick breakfast, figuring cereal and toast was good enough and cleaned the dishes as fast as he could, still making sure they were up to his standards. 

Then he grabbed his coat and was out the door, only to come back after realizing he had left in his slippers and that didn't look professional at all. He took off his slippers and stepped into his nice pair of converse. He stopped to make sure the door was locked then he was speed-walking to the elevator. It was just his luck that the elevators where out of order and he had to take the stairs (talk about a work out). 

He made his way down the five flights of stairs only to bump into someone when he opened the door to get out, "my apologize," Louis spoke, rushing away. 

"Hey, wait up," a voice called after him. Louis made it all the way to the bus stop before he turned around to see the nice detective following him, "hey, you dropped this."

Louis took the paper that was in his hands and quickly hugged the other man, "oh thank you so much. I would have killed over if it wasn't for you."

"You're still in school?"

"Yes, I'm attending the local college. Finals are up and this practically determines my grade in economics," Louis said, "it's a very difficult class to pass, but I've been able to stick through it, I guess."

The bus was pulling up and Louis could see that it was just over a block away. But the detective was trying to converse with him, "economics is very interesting. I took it once in college and found that it wasn't exactly my thing," the detective shrugged, "I guess I'm more into crime and punishment. So, uhm, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me sometime? Like to talk over the case, maybe get a bite to eat, something like that."

Louis wasn't listening to a word Detective Styles was saying, but he hummed an okay and nodded quickly, focusing on the bus, it was almost there.

"Really? Yeah...yeah okay, great. Does maybe seven o'clock tonight work for you?"

"Yeah, that's great. Look, I really have to go. My bus is, well, it's like right here. I'll catch you later," Louis said, walking towards the bus. He waved goodbye before the bus doors shut and started with it's drive. Harry was left alone, standing in his drench coat with a big smile on his face, surprised that the boy who likes to pick out exactly seven apples said yes.

.

"Hey, Louis!" a voice shouted. Louis heard footsteps coming towards him and turned to find the blonde bloke he sat next to in the previous class coming his way, "how are you?" the kid asked, face red and out of breath.

Louis wondered for a second if that was what he looked like after running down the stairs earlier that morning. He concluded that he probably looked worse than his classmate and decided not to think about it.

Louis fixed his posture, "I'm doing well. How are you, Niall?"

The blonde smiled, "I'm doing well, too. Hey, why wasn't Zayn in class today? Is he ill?" he questioned.