xxvii.

"Come on, Cris. We don't have all damn day," Harry exclaimed as he raced through town to get to the department.

"Sir, you've got to stop yelling at me, I cannot do anything if Abigail doesn't pick up her goddamn--oh, hi Abigail," Cris said, smiling when she picked up.

"What do you want, dickwad?" Abigail asked, rolling her eyes.

Cris threw his hand over his heart, "I just love it when you speak naughty to me."

"Would you two stop it. We're on a time constraint here," Harry interrupted, making a sharp corner.

"Right," Cris commented, "Miss Abigail, I need your brilliant mind and technology to narrow down a guy for me. Styles seems to be on a goose chase right about now."

Harry rolled his eyes at Cris' remark and listened to Cris list off everything they had concluded. "I know that you thought this information would be enough, but there's a lot more people than you suspected. I need something more."

"He drank a lot when I encountered him and his friend at the bar. Look for people who had spent over fifty dollars in the past week," Harry had spoke, "brown hair, probably late thirties, early forties."

"We're getting closer. I have it down to twelve. Give me something else, Styles," Abigail spoke through the speaker on Cris' phone.

Harry had to think about this, what else was there? There had to be something else. "M. His first name started with an M," Harry stated, thinking back to his friend who had called out for him.

"Three. Do you have anything else?"

"He had a truck that he wouldn't stop talking about," Harry stated.

"And bingo was his name-o," Abigail said, "his name is Michael Wisneski. I'm sending his license plate number and the last place he used his credit card to you now."

"Thanks, Abi," Cris said.

"Don't mention it, asshole."

"Love you, too, asswipe," Cris answered, hanging up.

"I don't think I will ever be able to understand the relationship between you two," Harry commented.

Cris shrugged, "when you go to school together for several years, name calling is a given."

Harry let out a soft sigh, turning another corner as he did, "please enter the address that Abi just sent into the GPS or your phone or something, Harper. We're losing valuable time."

"I thought we were going to the station," Cris commented as he entered the address into the GPS.

"There's not time for that," Harry replied. He followed the directions listed by the GPS to arrive at an old bar what needed major renovations. Harry grabbed a file from the center console of his car and pulled out a picture of Louis. "Let's go." 

"Harry...Harry, wait!" Cris exclaimed, quickly getting out of the car to follow Harry, "you need to keep your cool," he said when he grabbed Harry's shoulder, "you can't go in there wanting to beat the shit out of him. We need to know for sure, got it?" 

"I know how to handle this, Harper. I'll be fine," Harry lied as he lead the way, "get some back up ready." He could see Mike the moment he walked through the door and the guy started to run. Harry and Cris chased after the suspected kidnapper. Harry was a lot faster than the drunk man so he was able to take him down.

"Mr. Mike Wisneski, we'd like to ask you a couple questions, but since you're not compromising with us, we may just have to arrest you. Running away from a couple of detectives isn't really a good sign," Harry spoke as he stood up, holding Mike's arms behind his back.

"I don't wanna cause no trouble, Mr. Sir, Detective Sir," Mike slurred.

"Take this bastard for me, Harper," Harry spoke. Cris did as he was told, taking Mike from Harry, holding Mike's arms firm behind his back. Harry took the picture of Louis out of the pocket of his jacket, "where is this man?"

Mike looked at the picture, blinking a few times, "he ran off with some guy." 

Harry looked to Cris who just shrugged, "what do you mean? What guy?" Harry questioned.

"He's some buff looking guy. He had some facial hair, y'know, a beard. And we was real tough. I's tryin' to get him out of my truck and he kicked me right in the balls and took the kid with him."

"Did you catch a name?" Cris asked.

The man thought about it, "uh, some 'L' name. The kid called him 'Li.' They seemed pretty close, like they've known each other, or something. It wasn't no coincidence, I reckon."

Fucking Liam.

"Do you know where they went?" Harry then asked as he watched a few other officers walk into the bar, ready to take Wisneski away.

"I ain't got no clue, Detective."

Harry looked at Cris and nodded. Cris let go of Mike and shoved him off. He reached for his handcuffs, "Mike Wisneski, you're arrested for attempted kidnapping," he commented, handcuffing the criminal.

"What? You ain't got no proof!" Mike exclaimed.

"You just confessed by saying you were trying to get him out of your truck. I can bet you money that I'll probably find drugs in his system," Harry spoke, "take him away, boys."

The other officers followed Harry's commands, "what are we gonna do now, boss?" Cris asked as he approached Harry. Harry turned on his heel to walk towards the door.

"Now we look for Liam."

.

"I've searched everything I could on him. He checked out of his hotel room this morning and there aren't any credit card records of him spending money any where," Abi spoke over the phone, her eyes flying across her numerous computer screens.

"That doesn't make sense, he'd have to take Louis some where. Is there any possibility he paid in cash?" Harry asked as Cris and him sat in the car on the side of the road.

"Highly doubtful, this guy was known for using cards. The chances of him using cash are slim," Abigail replied.

"Maybe he has somewhere else to stay," Cris commented.

Harry nodded, "look into places he's lived before. Maybe there's a place he never really left."

"I like the way you think, Styles," Abigail complimented. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, narrowing down information in the database, "he's been living in the same apartment for several years. I'm sending the location to the both of you."

"Thanks, Abi, you're the best," Cris said, hanging up. "So, we're on the road again?" Cris asked with a smile.