xiii.

[Just getting a look of what things were like before Harry. Tell me what  you think of Louis' relationship with Liam. How well do you think Liam treated Louis? 

SN// Take a look a the movie poster I made for my computer tech class. I did it based off this story xD It stars (young) Robert Downey Jr. (he's hot, guys), Jennifer Lawrence and Zoey Deutch! Coming to a theater near you in November 2015! -M]

Louis cleaned in anger. He roughly scrubbed any and all dirty surfaces in the room until he ran out of wipes and even then he was trying to salvage those that could still be used.

Why was he even here? He hadn't done anything wrong. He loved Zayn. Zayn was his best friend, his only friend. Why would he rid of the most important person in his life? There had to be a way he could get out of this mess.

Doesn't make sense, Louis thought to himself, Harry has to believe me.

And boy was Louis missing Harry right now. He just wanted to cuddle up in Harry's arms and hold him close. He hated it here. It was so dirty and gross and he knew that he was going to have terrible, terrible nightmares. Plus, he was far, far away from Harry and the thought caused him much discomfort.

"You're silly," Zayn would have said just like he had said about any other boy Louis was mildly attracted to.

"But's he's amazing," Louis then would have stated, "he's perfect."

"Everyone has flaws, Lou," Zayn would have pointed out, "one of yours is that you trust strangers too easily. You let them take advantage of you, they use you and never come back."

Louis would blush at the thought of Harry, "he's not like that. He's kind and caring and considerate. You'd like him, Zaynie. He's good for me."

Zayn would have shook his head with a chuckle. Then he would have pulled Louis close to him, "the only guy that's good enough for you is me, you know that, don't you?"

Louis would giggle and hug Zayn back, feeling blessed to have such a wonderful friend in his life, "they don't even compare to you."

And just those words were the reason why Liam would never be good enough for Louis. Louis was easy to persuade, easy to fall in love with. Zayn, on the other hand, was a pain in the ass and very aggravating most of the time. Liam could never meet Zayn's expectations and so he had always ended up failing both Zayn and Louis which wasn't a good feeling at all.

When Louis had brough Liam home one night, Zayn had stopped by to make sure everything was going alright. He had also invited himself inside in order to get to know Liam on a more personal level. But there wasn't much to know. Liam was interested in his Louis and that was not going to end well for him.

"Louis," Zayn had started, "could you please go make us all some tea? I'm sure we'd all enjoy it." Louis didn't argue and instead ran off towards the kitchen to make tea for his guests, "alright, you listen to me and listen to me good. Keep your hands off of him. No touching, groping, hand holding, spanking, or anything else sexual or not of the sorts. He's my best friend and, as God is my witness, I will beat your ass if you even think about touching him in any way."

Liam smirked as he leaned back in his seat, "fiesty, demanding, impatient all the makings of a great man, eh?"

"Don't even try and play with me. I will take you down."

"Because I should be afraid of someone who doesn't even clear five feet, five inches," Liam spoke cooly, not letting Zayn effect him.

"I'm five-seven thank you very much," Zayn commented, "besides, at least I'm smarter than a bag of rocks."

"And just as heavy."

"Low blow, man. Low blow," Zayn said just as Louis walked into the room. The two older boys smiled at Louis who carried two cups of tea in his hands.

"Be careful," Louis warned, "they're very hot."

Liam and Zayn took their cups of tea with fake smiles and waited for Louis to leave once more, most likely cleaning up the mess he had made in the kitchen.

"You've got to stop babying him someday," Liam stated, taking a sip of his tea.

"You need to start treating him with more respect. He's not like the bitches you're used to taking home," Zayn retorted, "he deserves to be treated nicely."

Liam's face reddened with anger, "just because I don't treat him like the world's most fragile baby doesn't mean I don't respect him. He's truly amazing and I care deeply for him, of course I'll treat him with the utmost respect."

Zayn glared at Liam as Louis walked in all smiles, his usual preppy self. This was just one of the things Zayn and Liam both loved about Louis. He was so happy when he was around them. He wasn't timid like he usually was with the rest of the world. He was able to forget about the small pile of laundry sitting in his hamper, or the fact that the bathroom sink still had a few stains that needed to be cleaned. He was able to forget everything that he normally cared about. He was more carefree, more risky.

"I wasn't really expecting you over, Z, but I suppose all three of us can play the board game," Louis said before he skipped off to get the board game.

"How much do you want to bet that he picks The Game of Life?" Zayn asked Liam.

"I don't even think I'll take that bet. I already know how much he loves that game. He likes the counting part. You hardly have to play because he'll do it for you."

Before Zayn could make some snarky comeback that was sure to get his ass beat, Louis entered the room smiling like mad. He always loved playing his favorite game. "I got a new one, see Liam?" Louis said excitedly. He couldn't wait to start playing.

Louis had struggled with opening the box so Zayn and Liam quietly fought over who was going to unwrap it for him. It ended up being Liam since Louis chose.

"Zaynie, can you go get us some water as we put it together, please?" Louis asked, batting his eyelashes. How could anyone say no to that precious face?

Zayn reluctantly stood and went to the kitchen as Liam stayed to help Louis. "Where do you wanna start, LouLou?"

Louis smiled fondly as Liam moved closer to him, "we're gonna put it together like the picture. But Zayn normally does that. He tells me to sort the cards because I'm good at it. Maybe you can help me with the cards. But, no matter what, we have to do it in color order," Louis had rambled, "the colors go in rainbow order. So red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple. Now the cards have some different sorts of pinks so we have to take that into consideration--"

Suddenly, Liam's lips were on Louis' in a kiss. It felt weird, just something kind if wet, but it didn't feel gross or dirty.

"You're adorable," Liam said with a soft smile, "I just had to."

Louis blushed, feeling happier than he had ever felt before. Was this love? He had began to question, is this feeling deep, deep down love?

He had never felt this feeling before and even the many medical books he had read had given him a good idea of how love feels. How addicting someone's touch is, how much your stomach will twist and turn by thinking about them. There was never an accurate description for Louis, nothing like what he was experiencing.

"You know how much I care for you, right?" Liam asked quietly, watching Louis shuffle through the cards as he organized them. Louis' cheeks were a bright shade of pink and Liam couldn't help but smile at how absolutely adorable that was.

"Yeah," Louis answered with a short giggle, "I care a lot for you too."

Thinking of that moment now, it was his happiest moment with Liam. It was when everything seemed like a fairy-tale and there would never be a wicked witch to ruin it all. But life's a bitch and Louis was beginning to realize that.