xl.

[Cries a river because it's over. My baby is finally completed. This momma is so proud. :') I hope you all enjoyed the story, I'll be writing an author's note in the next chapter/part-thingy. :) -M]

Louis' mother slowly sat in the chair next to her son and reached out to grab his hand. Her whole body was shaking, trembling from the sight of her baby boy in such conditions. She rested her head on her extended arm and sobbed, wet tears hitting the cool floor. She then laughed at herself and raised her head, wiping away a few tears with her free hand.

"It's funny that I haven't talked to you in years, yet I can cry for hours seeing you like this. I wonder if it's that way with all mothers," she smiled weakly, "I've missed you, baby. I wish you would come home sometimes. I wish you'd come home for Christmas, we'd really like you there. Your siblings miss you, they're in need of a big brother's guidance. Please, I just want to know if-if you can hear me. Can't you—give me a sign or something."

Johannah wasn't sure what to expect, but she was definitely glad when one of Louis' fingers moved. She grinned from ear to ear, "come on baby, you can wake up. You're okay. There's no one here to hurt you."

Louis started to mumble just as Harry and Lottie walked back into the room, laughing at a lame joke Harry had told. When Harry heard Louis' little murmurs, he raced toward the bed to stand on other side across from Johannah.

"Lou? Lou, baby, wake up. Come on, baby, you can do this. Just open those pretty eyes of yours," Harry encouraged, "I've missed those pretty blues of yours. Please wake up for me, darling."

Lottie smiled at the way Harry tried to wake Louis up and so did

Johannah surprisingly, "come on, you bastard," Lottie spoke, trying to get Louis up like she had when he lived at home with her, "wake up

before I throw a bucket of water on your head."

Louis' eyes opened and closed repeatedly as he mentally cursed the bright lights for being mini suns that were out to blind him.

"H-Harry?" Louis called out as he began to squirm in his bed.

Harry beamed, "I'm right here, Lou," he reached out to gently caress Louis' cheek, "can you please open those eyes for me, darling?"

Ever so slowly, Louis opened his eyes to look at Harry. The taller man smiled and Louis spoke softly, "I've missed you, you big dweeb."

Without even thinking twice, Harry leaned down to kiss Louis, silently thanking God for saving his one and only.

Lottie let out an awe and laughed when Louis' cheeks went red and he gave her a nasty glare. His mother simply smiled, happy her son was finally awake.

"You've been crying, mom?"

"Just a little," she lied. She laughed, "did you get a lot of sleep?"

Louis shook his head, "nah, I think I need a nap," he joked.

Harry laughed, "well it's great to have you back in reality. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we've missed you."

"Well of course you have, I'm the life of the party," Louis replied, getting a few laughs from the three other people in the room.

Harry kissed the top of Louis' head, "I'm never gonna lose you again," he whispered in Louis' ear.

"I wouldn't want you to," Louis whispered back.

Just when it seemed everything was okay, there was a loud noise that sounded like a gun being fired and a bunch of chaos outside Louis' door. All four of them turned to look outside the door window only to see nurses and doctors running past it quickly. Louis turned his head to look at Harry, but the detective was already halfway out the door.