xxxiii.

[The end is near. -M]

Harry's phone began to ring as he was in the shower early the next morning so Louis picked up, "hello, this is Harry Styles' phone. How may I be of assistance?"

Cris let out a chuckle, finding Louis to be absolutely adorable, "hi there, Louis. It's Cris, duh. I was just calling because Harry and I have a new case which Mr. Boss Man told me to tell him about. In his words he told me to, "get Harry's ass down here," so could you tell him that he's needed?"

"Sure thing," Louis replied, feeling so cool. He felt like a secretary or someone like that, "I'll make sure he gets there as soon as he can. He's showering right now, he takes an awfully long time."

Cris laughed, "oh, I know. That guy has no sense of time. I'm surprised you two get along so well."

Louis shrugged to himself, "like whoever had said it first, opposites attract."

Cris got a look from their boss and slowly turned so he wouldn't be heard, "look, Lou, I really gotta be going. I'll hopefully see you later, yeah? Maybe you can come and have lunch with Harry. I think he'd like that. Make sure you tell him, bye."

Louis hung up, kind of wishing Harry had a flip phone so he could make that cool noise when it closed, just as Harry walked into the bedroom, his hair dripping wet.

"Who were you talking to, love?" Harry questioned, walking over to his dresser to grab a pair of boxers. He faced away from Louis has he dropped the towel that hung around his waist.

Louis' eyes went wide as he stared at Harry's bare bum, and he was slightly disappointed when Harry pulled up his boxers, "it was just Cris."

"Did he call to tell me about his wedding plans?" Harry joked.

"He's getting married?" Louis exclaimed, shocked that Cris had found someone. It wasn't that Cris was a bad guy, but it wasn't everyday Louis learned someone was getting married.

"What?" Harry asked turning around as he shimmied into a button up shirt, "oh that was a joke. He was only talking about proposing. I think the guy's scared out of his mind to actually do it though. But," Harry said with a shrug of the shoulders, "who knows?"

There was a silence as Louis watched Harry get ready. Harry did everything in a fluent pattern. First, he put on his underwear and a white t-shirt. Then he chose which button up to wear (today it was a simple black). He would then grab a pair of dress pants and tuck his shirt in. Socks and shoes were last and Harry made sure to put his badge in the pocket off his jacket.

It was when Harry went to grab his gun that Louis felt intimidated, but he weakly smiled when Harry looked at him. "Cris called to say that 'Mr. Boss Man' needs to see you as soon as possible."

To himself, Harry was thinking, "oh shit." But he simply thanked Louis for telling him, "do you need a ride to your classes today?"