xxxi.

[First off, I apologize for any things that don't make sense (I'll be editing later on) and also not updating last night. Secondly, give me ideas as to what should happen next, it would be greatly appreciated! Lastly, enjoy the fetus picture. :) M]

Pt. 2

"Could I get you detectives anything to drink?" Alec asked Harry and Cris who sat in the small living room in the apartment.

"No thank you, we'll be fine," Harry answered. He took note of how organized the room was as well as the rest of the apartment. There seemed to be many DIY arts and crafts that Alec had made and Harry wondered if that was one of his hobbies-something to keep his mind off the past. Alec nodded and then proceeded to the kitchen to grab his own drink.

"Why the hell did we drive all the way out here? We live in New York City, not D.C.. That three hour drive has me all bent out of shape," Cris whispered to Harry. Harry laughed and then claimed that it was all part of the job. They'd do anything to get answers and justice. Harry was just grateful they were able to leave around nine o'clock in the morning. There's still a chance he'll be able to get back to the office before Louis shows up with dinner.

Alec soon returned and then sat in the chair across from Harry and Cris, folding his arms in front of him, feeling vulnerable and scared. He tried his best to not have his leg bounce up and down or have his breaking fit an irregular pattern.

"We've come to talk to you about Zayn Malik," Cris spoke up.

Alec stiffened, automatically asking, "what about him?"

"We have records of you contacting him after so many years. Why is that?" Harry questioned.

Alec shrugged, "I wanted to catch up. I haven't seen him since we were kids. It seems like a far off place now that I think about it."

Cris looked at Harry as the curly haired detective spoke, "so you talked with him? What about?"

"Life. What he's been up to, what he enjoys," Alec replied.

"And did you guys talk about you?" Cris asked.

Alec nodded, "it wasn't a one sided conversation. I told him about my family, my school life, the idiots I am surrounded by on a daily basis."

Alec had been studying in Washington D.C. in hopes of becoming a lawyer. Although it wasn't New York, he still loved D.C. and it was now his new home. He was really enjoying his classes, too. He even had the guts to introduce himself to a girl in his Economics class.

"Did anything come up?" Harry asked, taking a risk. "Did you guys talk about what happened while you were kids?"

Alec's jaw clenched, "I don't want to talk about that. That's something I try everyday to put behind me."

"Look, you either tell us here and now or we can take you to the station and ask you there where many people will be watching," Cris offered, trying his hardest to play bad cop. But this whole good cop, bad cop approach wasn't working.

Alec glared at Cris for a second and then looked around the room, avoiding eye-contact with either of the men, sure that he might break down, "yes, we talked about what had happened."

"And how did that make you feel, exactly?" Harry asked, paying very close attention to the way Alec's body language changed.

Alec slouched a little bit further into his chair as he tried to phrase his words, "I'm not really sure."

Seeing Zayn for the first time in years was indescribable. He had grown up to be a good-looking man who happened to cover himself in ink. Alec had wondered to himself if Zayn had any meaning in getting tattoos-if they had any significance to his life. But that was just a side note. Zayn looked like he was doing well. He spoke a lot about school and his new best friend, Louis. He said that they did nearly everything together and Alec would be lying if he said that didn't make him the least bit jealous.